Hacking R4DS physically STUCK in DS Phat

Garo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I did not put it in the ds, a retarded family member is responsible for that, and I am asking here on said member's behalf if it is safe to tear it out of the ds phat without risk of damage to either object or if there is a removal solution.

Now, I can click it down and have it come back up, but just where its logo is visible, that final click, it is stuck. It'll go back in and out and stuff, but won't get past that final point.

So the R4DS works and 2gb MicroSD card can come out and in, but I would like for it not always to be this way.

Has this happened before, and was there something on the R4 my idiot didn't see to take off, be it some white paper strip for some reason or a peculiarly shaped rock?

AHA and also, are there any earbuds that you can use with the DS that are wireless/cordless? I plan to use my DS's M3 moonshell player but I hate cord dealings and untanglings, they are not in my style.

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First check to see if front of cart or front sticker is sticking in the slot. If not then find out which side is sticking. With a thin piece of plastic on the sticking side you might be able to get the cart out again. As for the cordless earbuds they might not be such a great idea because they draw power in order to transmit the signal and the ds battery isn't that large.

Garo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tedmg09130913 said:
First check to see if front of cart or front sticker is sticking in the slot. If not then find out which side is sticking. With a slim knife on the sticking side you might be able to get the cart out again.
Hey thanks, I'll try that when I get the chance. (DS is not immediately in front of me)
So could it be a defect in the card?

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without seeing the cart, I can't say as to whether it has a defect. But the front sticker coming loose is possible . Maybe the cart was damaged or had something on it before it was inserted.

Garo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tedmg09130913 said:
Without seeing the cart, I can't say as to whether it has a defect. But the front sticker coming loose is possible.
Hm, the stuckness of the cart makes me think it's much stronger than a little adhesive that won't even stick to the r4 originally.
I put a decent amount of tug, I have to be fighting some kind of solid obstruction... I don't want to break it.

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you might try inserting a thin piece of flat plastic along the right side of the cartridge:(with the cart label down) as you push it in. That way if it is catching on the latch you might get it to move out. Don't bother with the screwdriver idea as the cart is blocking a screw that has to be removed to get the bottom off.

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Garo said:
So the R4DS works and 2gb MicroSD card can come out and in, but I would like for it not always to be this way.

QUOTE(InuYasha @ Nov 1 2008, 10:07 PM) Sounds like someone forced it in backwards which for your sake I hope is not the case.......

That is not likely the case as he/she stated stuff and you should read the top quote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)