Hacking R4DS Phat/Lite Wood Firmware

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
does the original R4DS on a DS Lite or Phat with Wood Firmware play DSi enhanced games, like not complete DSi games just enhanced ones, as I just told my friend about Shoptemp and he said he is gonna get an R4, we both want to play pokemon black and white so (ignoring the massive AP there will most likely be) will we be able to play those with our R4's, mine on Lite and his on Phat?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
does the original R4DS on a DS Lite or Phat with Wood Firmware play DSi enhanced games, like not complete DSi games just enhanced ones, as I just told my friend about Shoptemp and he said he is gonna get an R4, we both want to play pokemon black and white so (ignoring the massive AP there will most likely be) will we be able to play those with our R4's, mine on Lite and his on Phat?
No flashcart, DS or DSi, can use DSi enhanced features.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
fudgenuts64 said:
gifi4 said:
I don't mean can I use the DSi enhanced features, I mean can I play the games on my R4 without the DSi enhanced features!

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
gifi4 said:
That is correct and the user understands that. But there are hybrid games which include DSi features if you have one and are playing on a retail cart. These games can be played on flashcards in DS mode.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hakoda said:
fudgenuts64 said:
gifi4 said:
That is correct and the user understands that. But there are hybrid games which include DSi features if you have one and are playing on a retail cart. These games can be played on flashcards in DS mode.
let me ask this, as I stated before I have seen a pokemon Black and White trailer and found out that there was live chat with the DSi camera, so will that game work on my R4 using a DS lite or Phat but the only things that are not included is any use of the cameras or any other DSi features, correct?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
let me ask this, as I stated before I have seen a pokemon Black and White trailer and found out that there was live chat with the DSi camera, so will that game work on my R4 using a DS lite or Phat but the only things that are not included is any use of the cameras or any other DSi features, correct?
The answer is "most likely, yes".

If you ignore all the AP in Black/White and talking about JUST the 'DSi Enhanced' aspect, then yes, the game will play.
DSi enhanced games, like Assassin's Creed II, can work on all Slot1 cards, including R4s, given the above condition.

If you count the AP in Black/White, then the answer changes to "maybe".
The AP on the game will need to be found and broken before it works on any cart.

As simple and concise as I can make it.

Might want to recommend to your friend to get an AceKard 2i.
They'll work in a DSi (in DS mode), which the R4 will not.
They support MicroSDHC (4GB+), which the R4 does not.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
gifi4 said:
The answer is "most likely, yes".

If you ignore all the AP in Black/White and talking about JUST the 'DSi Enhanced' aspect, then yes, the game will play.
DSi enhanced games, like Assassin's Creed II, can work on all Slot1 cards, including R4s, given the above condition.

If you count the AP in Black/White, then the answer changes to "maybe".
The AP on the game will need to be found and broken before it works on any cart.

As simple and concise as I can make it.
lol perfect answer, thanks...exactly what I wanted to know, so now I can rest in peace knowing that my friend and I are perfect apart from the ap but I reckon that'll be fixed a couple of weeks after release max! Thanks again!

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
what do you mean by "They'll work in a DSi (in DS mode)"
what is DS mode?
not to be mean or anything but he has a Phat so how does acekard 2i working in DSi affect him?

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
gifi4 said:
twiztidsinz said:
what is DS mode?
not to be mean or anything but he has a Phat so how does acekard 2i working in DSi affect him?

Just means the Acekard will work in a DSi playing either DSi Enhanced games (without the features) or normal DS games. Also buying a Acekard has SDHC so you can get higher capacity memory cards. The fact that you may upgrade to a DSi means you can use the same card because its compatible with DS, DSL and DSi.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
bluelaserman said:
gifi4 said:
twiztidsinz said:
what is DS mode?

Just means the Acekard will work in a DSi playing either DSi Enhanced games (without the features)
Thats what this topic is about, but will the R4 work in a DS Lite/Phat playing DSi Enhanced games (without the features)????

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
twiztidsinz said:
what is DS mode?

DS Mode basically makes your DSi into a DS:
Cameras don't work, No WPA WIFI mode, No extra RAM, etc etc etc. It's all locked.
This happens when you put a retail DS cart (or a DS flashcart) into the DSi. It's normal.

gifi4 said:
Well... for the time being, that one aspect doesn't affect him not at all.
If something happens -- say the DS breaks or is stolen -- and he buys a DSi/DSiXL, it will.

I have both an AceKard 2i and a real R4. Now that Wood works on R4, both are good cards with updated firmware.
Ultimately, the choice is your friends on what card to get, but even as someone who doesn't play the DS as much as I use to and doesn't use the DS in every way possible (apps, MP3s, movies, etc)... I'm using quite a bit over 2GB, which is the limit for NonSDHC cards.

QUOTE(bluelaserman @ Aug 2 2010, 02:40 AM)
Just means the Acekard will work in a DSi playing either DSi Enhanced games (without the features) or normal DS games.
That's a bit confusing. I would have said:
"Just means the Acekard will work in a DSi playing DS games."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."