r4ds never update's?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by snaai8, Jun 21, 2008.

Jun 21, 2008

r4ds never update's? by snaai8 at 1:51 PM (7,559 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. snaai8
    OP

Newcomer snaai8 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    when get's the r4ds a update??
    a wanna play some games that dont work.
    i can't contact them are they gone [​IMG]

somebody got some news from the r4 team??

until somebody say somthing i'am gonna play old ds games [​IMG]

2. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Theres nothing to really update..... most if not all the games people want to work already do.....

3. Siio

Newcomer Siio Member

United States
    Obviously not all games work that people want to play. Otherwise snaai8 wouldn't have started this topic.

The only answer I have is; we have to play the wait and see game.

I've had my R4 since it's launch and now I really regret buying one. Support has been sub-par from the start.

4. InuYasha

United States

Or maybe he/she are wanting to play one of the many garbage titles.....notice how they didn't say the name of the game thats not working? and besides in my post I said "most if not all".....

5. SleepingDragon

Member SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There is no "R4 team". That's their problem.

6. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I say invest in another card, Sure I just got an R4 but its only for reviewing, its certainly not going to be my main card. Get a DSTT, AceKard 2, or Cyclo DS.

7. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    What are you talking about? It used to have some of the best support there was. For about the first year there was a firmware update every month and plenty of new additions along the way.

8. papyrus

Member papyrus GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    Cause the R4team are all dead.

9. snaai8
    OP

Newcomer snaai8 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    well i don't play garvage games [​IMG] \

but what happend that the update still not here [​IMG]

10. spectral

spectral Newbie

What game are you trying to play?

11. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Well, the R4 is at the end of its lifespan, and I guess the team stopped making firmwares for it now.

12. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I've got an AceKard 2 now as well but the R4 is a perfectly fine card. I've no idea why people keep moaning about it, it's a stable card which ran everything I wanted it to. Like people say, what is it that you want to play that you can't?

13. Siio

Newcomer Siio Member

United States

I seem to remember batches two to four having issues with the spring loaders and not the cart itself not being detected by the DS. The R4 team did nothing to about it, ie replacing the faulty carts, they even ignored posts on their official boards and emails.

14. HeatMan Advance

Member HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It doesn't matter what he wants to play since the card should be compatible with any released rom and if it isn't he should hope for an update. His choice of game is irrelevant.

I'm also aware that there are Arm7 fixes for just about anything, but that goes for any card. Some people would rather just have the simple firmware update which should be expected unless the card is dead.

It's only been about two months since their last update and they had an update every month before that. I believe they were suppose to have some kind of huge update so maybe that's why they aren't doing anything yet. Just be patient.

15. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I think the R4's days of "huge updates" has long since passed.

It won't be much longer before I go to an SDHC capable card myself.....especially if updates stop completely.

16. BlueStar

United Kingdom
    But what games is it not compatible with?

I really think the R4 gets a bad rap, it's no longer the best card on the market but I've had one since release and even though its now been passed on it served me incredibly well and it remains a cracking bit of kit to this day. It was well supported earlier in its life but there's not much that can be fixed and updated any more through software alone anyway - autoDLDI, download play, removing the screen corruption when soft resetting, all these things have already been fixed with updates. Unless people have unrealistic expectations like a new firmware adding SDHC support or realtime save, I don't know what they're moaning about.

17. HeatMan Advance

Member HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The only game that I'm aware of not working with right now is still Hulk. They haven't updated since April so it hasn't been fixed yet unless he takes the Arm7 route.

18. InuYasha

United States
    Well since you failed to answer the question of "what game are you trying to play" i'm guessing it must be one of those imagine titles or maybe the my petz series.....(have no clue if they work or not on the R4,not that i'd care to play them anyway.....

19. spectral

spectral Newbie

What game he is trying to play is not irrelevant as it could be a game that does work and his problem lies elsewhere and could be fixed.

20. BlueStar

United Kingdom
    Maybe I'm just not as spoiled or entitled as people who jumped on the train after the slot-one boom. Perhaps if people had juggled with slot2 patchers, faffed around rebuilding GBC multicarts every time they wanted to add another game or working out which retail N64 cart they needed to use for their saves then they'd stop whining like little girls and declaring something that's a peace of piss to operate and nigh on perfect for doing what it says on the tin as "crap". There's not as many updates nowadays because they've pretty much fixed as many basic level problems and added as many features as the hardware is going to allow.

Out of my 3 DS solutions I've still got, the R4 is the only one which actually plays everything I want it to at the moment, considering the AK2 can't manage download play on that LOL game for some reason. Which, by the way, doesn't mean I'm going to wage an internet hate campaign about the AK2 or stamp my feet and pout until they fix it.

As for Hulk needing an ARM7 fix, again people are spoiled when you consider the lengths people have had to go to in the past to get their something-for-nothing free pirate games. If you can't ARM7 patch it (or find a pre-patched copy on rapidshare or something) then give up on piracy and go buy Hulk and Petz Vetz from the store like Joe Public. Or come round and I'll let you have a go on it for the 20 seconds you'll want to before playing something else.