^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As many of you may already know, the r4 team (sort of) recently released a newer model for all R4's.
This new model features a springless microSD/TF slot, whereas the old one had a spring. It also has some changes in design.

Here are some great pictures of the new model compared to the old model: Pictures of New/Old R4 Models

Happy voting!
grog.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've got the old one.

The only problem I've got with it is the fact that sometimes the spring makes the microSD fly out if you aren't careful with it.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bamboogaming just got some more R4s in stock. So I ordered 2 of them. They are spring loaded just as my other R4 is. I got my R4 when they first came out.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've got the old one.

The only problem I've got with it is the fact that sometimes the spring makes the microSD fly out if you aren't careful with it.

That's EXACTLY why I do not like the spring system. Took mine out and life's a lot better without it. I almost lost my MicroSD after it launched out and landed underneath my printer.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can you tell if the microSD might have this defect? What I mean is are there any signs of breaking, cracking, etc. that shows that the microSD could shoot out?

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can you tell if the microSD might have this defect? What I mean is are there any signs of breaking, cracking, etc. that shows that the microSD could shoot out?

Its not the MicroSD that causes it to shoot out, its the actual spring mechanism. My lock busted, so then there was nothing to well, lock it down. So then my MicroSD just shoots out and I'm forced to put tape over it. But now, the spring is gone and I'm happy.
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted User

It's funny how most of you don't like the spring. I like how it locks in place. I never had any problems with it whatsoever. And I like the back of the old one better ... those little raised ridges prevent the contacts from being touched 'n stuff.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Its not the spring I hate, but then the actual lock broke. That means that it won't stay down in the slot. I actually like the spring, it's just that when my lock busted, I'm like wtf and pissed at the stupid mechanism. I guess that there are different batches of R4s with different build qualities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!