OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm about to buy a DS lite and the R4, but i dont know whether to get the 512GB, 1GB microSD, or the 2GB. Does anyone know how many games of average size can the half gig, 1 gig, and 2 gig hold? And is it better to buy a good name brand like Kingston or SanDisk then some no name?

Sorry if i posted in wrong forum :'(

Regiiko

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most people here would recommend you get a Kingston 1G (made in Japan, NOT Taiwan) because the access speeds of that particular card are among the fastest of microSD ranges.

It plays games like Castlevania:PoR at normal speed. (this game has problems if the card has a slow access speed, sometimes won't run)

But it is only one or two games that are affected.

NDSkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i own a 2gb Sandisk (Taiwan) and speed is not an issue. I dont play Castlevania so that's not a problem for me. I started off w/ a 1GB Kingston (Japan) card but I quickly found that 1GB was just too small for the number of games and DPG videos I wanted to put on there. 2GBs is great if you want plenty of games and multimedia.

Do not get a 512mb card. Theres no reason since 1GB microSD is going for $10USD, and $20usd for the 2gb.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
You guys have been a real help, hope theres more posts, but you still haven't answered how many games can fit on a single card?

Every game have a different size so it´s hard to answer your question.
If you only want games 1gb is enough, if you also want music and/or videos you may want to get a 2gb card.

Approximately 1Gb = 20 games Approximately

Spartan-117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
THANKS A LOT lagman! thats a pretty good number, even 10 games is enough for me.
I was looking at the microSD cards, and none of the sites show wat their access speeds are, not even the manufactures site shows. So im guessing Regiiko is wrong?

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Any Kingston will do the job, I have a Taiwan one
laugh.gif
and I only have a problem with the second Tony Hawk game -which is not that good:P-

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just received my R4 and my japan micro sd card, the only slowdown I got is with tony hawk BUT! I havn't formatted it yet... maybe that will help

jrdehaisx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know got the R4DS and the 1gb from Japan, and then 2 weeks later got my PSP...
tongue.gif
so I can only tell you that combination works, I have played several roms and they are nice. Get something over 1gb, cause I only get 20-30 games depending on sizes... so is too little.

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys have been a real help, hope theres more posts, but you still haven't answered how many games can fit on a single card?

Every game have a different size so it´s hard to answer your question.
If you only want games 1gb is enough, if you also want music and/or videos you may want to get a 2gb card.

Approximately 1Gb = 20 games Approximately
Does that estimated number include trimmed or untrimmed roms?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM