Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
R4DS Kernel v1.16 released
Fanfare on hold
r4ds.png
Another month, another small update from the R4 Team who have today released version 1.16 of the R4DS loader. This release fixes compatibility with ROM number #1958 only. No other changes have been made/introduced. Local download below.
R4 Team - change-log said:
Size:
Language: English/French/Korean
Updated Date:2008-2-19 17:00:01
Version: 1.16
Instructions: R4 v1.16 kernel

1?Solved the 1958 problem
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Homepage

Thanks to Doggy124 for the quick heads-up.

antiKk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no.no
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the update R4 team.
SDHC support while nice is kinda useless thanks to game being much smaller than 2GB.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
SDHC support while nice is kinda useless thanks to game being much smaller than 2GB.
I wouldn't call it useless as more rooms is always a welcome, especially when you are using it for media and books along with the games. I don't see a future of R4 getting it however.

P.S.: This would be another update I would bother to install.

D

demishadow

Nice to see a new update, even if it's not one that even matters to me at all. I'll never play that game anyway, but I still love to see updates for my favorite hardwares.

Seina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already have an R4, it's a great flashcart for games. The menu system is good. It will do everything you want if you don't care much about watching movies, playing music, or using the features of newer carts. It still plays current games as well as it ever did. For almost anything other than games however, it's obsolete. Your music and videos will quickly take over the card, forcing you to delete anything not essential. The R4 was a good cart for it's time. It can run DSLinux and DSTT can't.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When all they release is specific game fixes and no Wii connectivity, I count it as abandoned. What's taking them so long?
frown.gif

Still, it would be worse with no game fixes. Too bad they're only games I don't play.

Anyway, honestly, R4 is not obsolete and it is still one of the best flashcarts, although Cyclo DS is a bit better with its cool features, and some other flashcarts who have some of the same features Cyclo DS does.

Even when SCDS has real time save, I still think R4 is better (non-SDHC version of SCDS that is, the SDHC version is better)
SCDS still has issues with trimmed roms.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I particularly care, but does it make Puppy Palace work too?

I went over to my friends house over the weekend and his kids wanted both Miami Nights and Puppy Palace. I had to tell them that those two games didn't work. They were disappointed.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
nice we are still getting updates.

I can't help but wonder what there doing,
if they are busy working on a new feature,
or if there almost ready to drop the R4,
or maybe just short on staff.
Has anyone sent an email about the lack of updates or asking about new features and gotten a reply?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked and Puppy Palace still isn't working. The R4 team seems to be slipping. I figured it would work since most updates tend to fix other games that weren't mentioned. Not this time. Oh well, there's a couple dozen other puppy games if anyone actually cares to play them.

Just so you guys know (in case you don't already) the only things you really have to change is the _DS_MENU.DAT and delete the old _DS_MENU.SYS. I tend to change the _DS_MSHL.NDS too, even though I don't think it's really necessary.

If you've been keeping up with the updates, then none of the other stuff in the download has changed or needs to be changed.

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
They could add something useful instead of these ROM fixes. I mean, how many people play Miami Nights?! And why do people care about Puppy Palace? Something like a password protection feature, a better interface on the Games browser or something that improves it at a larger scale would be a lot better. I guess they gave up because R4s sell like hot cakes. Once the sales drop, they'll probably do something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.