R4DS doesn't recognise EZ Flash 3 in 1. At all.

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by AnonymousNow, Jun 13, 2008.

1. AnonymousNow
    OP

Newcomer AnonymousNow Newbie

United States
    So my R4DS refuses to acknowledge that my brand new EZ Flash 3 in 1 Slot 2 card exists. The Boot Slot 2 Button warrants a "No GBA or NDS card found in Slot 2, would you like to boot to NDS mode?" message, and The 3-in-1 Expansion Pack Tool demands that I insert it.
    The card is in. It's there. It's been inserted, removed, blown, reinserted...absolutely nothing. What does it take to recognise it?

2. Spaceman016

Newcomer Spaceman016 Advanced Member

United States
    When I first got my 3-in-1 it wont show as anything when it was inserted
    "no gamepak inserted"

1. Test it out with the Nintendo DS browser
    If the browser loads with no errors then, it is working and the browser can detect the exp memory

2. For the DS to recognise that there is a gamepak inserted load a GBA game to NOR memory using
    GBA exploader. press "R" load the GBA game and test it.

there is a difference between the 3-in-1 expansion pack tool and GBA exploader
    I use the GBA exploader

Oh and I use manual loading on the DS bootup, when u get to the DS select cartridge screen it should say "start GBA game"

let us know if you have tried these 2 basic tests

3. AnonymousNow
    OP

United States
    I shall try the second test shortly and report back hopefully within the hour.
    However, I've already done the first, official and yarr off the R4 - neither work.

Edit: If it helps at all, I'm using a UK Turquoise DS Lite, a UK R4 and a UK EZF3-in-1.

4. sylux92

Member sylux92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you just got your 3 in 1, you need to get GBAExpLoader, the chipset was changed and the 3in1 expansion tools no longer recognize it. GBAExpLoader can be found here.

5. Spaceman016

United States
    Hmmm I dont use an R4 but I do think you need to patch your Nintendo DS browser for the 3-in-1 to work with the R4. Sorry for not putting that in before. Dont quote me on that though :-)
    Hope were getting somewhere.

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    sylux92 is exactly right. Also, you only need to patch the browser if you don't want to have to set the 3-in-1 to RAM expansion mode with GBA ExpLoader each time you use it. Once the 3-in-1 is set to RAM expansion mode the clean rom of the browser will work.

7. AnonymousNow
    OP

United States
    It works!
    Thanks, folks. I managed to bumble through it with your help. Not twenty minutes ago, I didn't have a clue what the jargon meant, but I think I now have a basic understanding of it. Now the card is recognised, and I can run GBA images off it via PSRAM through menus and NOR immediately...without losing save files. So far. And the Opera Browser recognises it as a RAM card. Excellent.
    This morning I thought I'd have to return the card...now I'm trying to figure out how I can get inter-GBA-DS (like Pokemon DP with RSE/FRLG, or AW:DS with AW and AW2 working...
    Thanks again, guys.

8. Spaceman016

United States
    glad everything works fine enjoy your 3-in-1 :-)