r4ds and www.gamersection.com

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dishme, Jan 17, 2007.

Jan 17, 2007

r4ds and www.gamersection.com by dishme at 2:44 AM (1,433 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. dishme
    OP

Newcomer dishme Member

Canada
    I got a R4DS last week from GameSection. They answered my msn questions, shipping was super fast (less then 24 hours) and they did not lie about stock.

I am a happy customer, would order from them again if I had to!

Cheers.

EDIT: Got a 1gig SDMicro for 44 bucks from Futureshop, copied the files from r4ds.net and a backup of one of my games, and presto worked on first go. nothing to it! Was SHOCKED it was that easy.

M3 Simply is identical from what I have read, only difference R4 gets updated sooner then M3, so IMOP R4 is the master, M3 just is piggy backing... Buy the original not the clone.

2. bcjks

Newcomer bcjks Newbie

Canada
    Less than 24 hrs? Where are you located in Canada?

I'm in Vancouver and I ordered a R4 from Gamersection.ca and apparently, it's been about 2 weeks and I haven't received it yet?

3. tacklebox

Newcomer tacklebox Newbie

United States
    Newegg.com has 1gb kingston cards for 16.99. $23 total with shipping. $44 seems a bit high even with the exchange rate.

4. canvasch

Newcomer canvasch Advanced Member

United States
  5. basilimux

Newcomer basilimux Newbie

Canada
    I agree with you.

Really great store. I live in Ontario so shipping is really fast. Shipped yesterday, so I'll be getting it this afternoon.

6. coroner4

Newcomer coroner4 Member

Canada
    Another happy customer here. [​IMG]

7. wowimsocute

Newcomer wowimsocute Newbie

United States
    i figure this is a good place to post since people have the r4. i have a supercard SD, but no passcard/nopass device. if i buy the r4, can i use it to boot the SC-SD in ds mode without a micro-sd card? or do i have to have a micro-sd card in the r4?

i figure i might as well use that cart anyway. thanks.

8. basilimux

Newcomer basilimux Newbie

Canada
    Nope, you need a micro-sd card in the r4 in order to boot it up into the menu screen where you can choose the option the boot your slot-2 (supercard SD).

If you power up your r4 without the micro-sd, it says: "Couldn't find the SD/TF card".

Hope that answers your question. [​IMG]

9. wowimsocute

Newcomer wowimsocute Newbie

United States
    yep, that is exactly what i was asking. thanks!

10. s7r1k3r

Newcomer s7r1k3r Member

Canada
    I also ordered from gamersection 2 weeks ago and a funny thing happened with my shipping. I was supposed to get it next day using fedex tracking website so i waited in the morning for it and it didnt show so I went to work. I live in an apartment by the way. When i get to work around 12pm I check on fedex site about the tracking and it said that it had been delivered at 9:59 and I left for work at 10:45 so I thought their times weren't adjusted properly or that my roommate got it in. I get home around 10 and I find that there is no package and my roommate who was home said no one came. I call fedex and they say that they delivered it and the driver probably left it in the lobby of my building and she wants me to go down and look for it. Since no signature was required they are legally allowed to leave it in the lobby without notice apparently. So they just kept giving me the run around saying that to them its been delivered. I called gamersection the next day and tell them about this and they told me that fedex shouldnt have done that and that they always put insurance on the packages. So after more than a week I finally get a reshipment and I was happy lol. All in all gamersection did a good job of keeping their promise and I will shop there again. Just be wary of fedex's policies.