Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh ok. I just wanted to patch my R4's _DS_MENU.DAT cheat function. Do I just uncheck all the boxes except "fix cheat engine bug" to do this? I take it that deleting the usrcheat.dat file won't affect the way the cheat function on my R4 is patched?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=84991
Just get the pre-patched one from Narin if you are worried about how the patcher works. See the part that says "For R4DS users and its clones"
wink.gif

Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is it pre-patched? The only reason why i'm doing this is because the "credits and help" document in Narin's cheat archive said something about some cheats not working unless you patched it with the r4custom app from Yasu's site. So that's why i was trying to patch it.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks TeenDev, I hadn't realized the density in the situation went that far... but give a man a fish and whatnot.

Blackout, read carefully...:
See the part that says "For R4DS users and its clones"
Narin said:
For R4DS users and its clones
The R4DS contains a flaw that prevents some cheats from working on it. Though luckily there is a fix! Thanks to Yasu, the creator of R4CCE, there is a patch for the R4DS kernel that makes the cheats work. The program is called r4bugfix2 and you can get it on Yasu's English software page here. Its easy enough to use, all you have to do is simply drop your _DS_MENU.DAT file from the R4 kernel on the r4bugfix.exe program. and it will patch it. Alternately, you can copy the file to the same folder as the r4bugfix file and click the execute. Afterwards, place the patched _DS_MENU.DAT file on your flashcart. Also, as with updating your firmware, I suggest deleting the _DS_MENU.SYS file and allow the R4DS to recreate it to prevent problems.

Note: You can find the pre-patched _DS_MENU.DAT file here for the R4DS 1.18 kernel.
See the last line, right there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ where it says "note:" and it has here underlined
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands