Hacking R4Crypt won't work! ~ with detailed mini-story

Dahlia098

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all I'm sorry for the long text! It's just that I feel I have to tell everything so I can get the most accurate responses as possible in how to solve this problem. Thank you.

After searching through the internet I found that I may have a R4i clone card. It is called "R4i3D 2014" that I bought on that exact year. I used to play on this R4i card on my 3DS but after some update, the card ended up not working anymore, so I just continued to use it on my DSi.
Some time after, I thought of updating its firmware. I replaced the pre-included _DS_MENU.dat file with the new one that I got. Honestly, I don't remember if I downloaded it from the now dead www.r4i3d.com site or from somewhere else.
Anyway, after I replaced the file, the R4i card just got stuck on that 'Loading...' screen forever. I tried searching for something to fix this, without success. And that's when I abandoned my R4i3D card.
All of this happened a long time ago. Now that I want to use it again, I tried searching for help and found out that I probably tried to use an official _DS_MENU.dat file on a clone card. And then I found two solutions: use YSMenu or decrypt the _DS_MENU.dat file with R4Crypt so I could use it with any clone card.
I tried to get YSMenu but it seems that Yasu's link to the file is dead.
So I tried to use the R4Crypt program. I started the cmd-based program, and it was working fine, except I didn't know how to use it. Then I closed it, and dragged the _DS_MENU.dat file to it. It didn't work, because the program crashed right after it started after I did that, and I thought it was okay. Opened the program again without dragging the file and the program crashed again. I tried to open it another 2 times and then realised that I needed to extract the zip file again to overwrite the old .exe file. It also didn't work. I downloaded the program again, but it didn't work as well. Tried to execute it from another directory, didn't work. Tried to execute it using another computer profile, no success. Tried to start the program using cmd, no success. Tried to search for something on the three folders of the Appdata section (Local, LocalLow and Roaming) and found nothing. I even saw some posts here on gbatemp from users that had the same problem as me, but no one got a proper response. Though the person of this post said that they found out what was wrong with it, but didn't reveal what was done. After I did all of this, I searched for how do I use R4Crypt. I was so simple I just had to type a decrypt command, I'm really frustrated.

I'm thinking of either formatting my entire pc or using a virtual machine, but what if it doesn't work?

Again, I'm sorry for the big text. But if you're able to help, please reply. Thank you in advance.

wakawaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i think you need to find the correct firmware for your card, I had the same stuck at loading screen issue with another card until found the correct one.
take a clear photo of your card front & back and post it here. also the card box if you still keep it.
someone may have the same card as you

also did you format the sd correctly ?

Last edited by wakawaka,

Dahlia098

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i think you need to find the correct firmware for your card, I had the same stuck at loading screen issue with another card until found the correct one.
take a clear photo of your card front & back and post it here. also the card box if you still keep it.

Here the card photos, It didn't come in a box though.
I formatted the SD to the FAT32 which supposely was necessary to make it work.
I tried to use the RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update but it didn't work either.
Well, I think I've tried everything, so if nothing works, then my card may be bricked or I've reached the timebomb.

Attachments

• 1back.jpg
    1back.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 1front.jpg
    1front.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 295

robyspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is the kernel for the 2015 version, I hope it also works on 2014. If this doesn't work, I think I have the one for 2013 too.
I don't know why I don't have the one for 2014.

Attachments

• r4i3d.v1.72.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 248
Reactions: Alexander1970

robyspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is the kernel for the 2015 version, I hope it also works on 2014. If this doesn't work, I think I have the one for 2013 too.
I don't know why I don't have the one for 2014.

Now I understand the reason that I didn't have the kernel for the 2014 version:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150715222459/http://www.r4i3d.com/zh_CN_gamekernel.html
However I had confirmation that it works (on 2014) from the second source posted by zfreeman, the files of the download are the same.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Dahlia098

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry, none of these worked. My card must be really broken.
I guess I'm gonna stick to CFW, but thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night