Hacking R4 ysmenu skin, and a ysmenu question

denieru7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, because of the lack of ysmenu skins, i decided to make one of my own =]

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6294

I made it for R4, cause i have an R4 and jst recently switched to ysmenu.

So anyway, my question is, is there a workaround for the reset problem in r4's? As in the fact that you get the white screens and the smiling SD card.

For moonshell 2.02, for example, I simply redid the R4YSauto process, but instead of choosing "make as a firmware", i chose "make as any other .nds file" and renamed the resulting ysmenu.nds into R4TF.nds and stuck it into moonshl2\resetmse. So now, after opening moonshell2 from the firmware(ysmenu), when i press start and choose "return to firmware", it just opens the ysmenu.nds file and, in a way, returns to YSmenu.

So are there any workarounds like that for the L+R+A+B+X+Y reset? I don't really care how weird it is, i just want it working so bad.

Loving YSmenu btw. Thinking of getting a EZflash 3in1+ cause its compatible with YSmenu
yaynds.gif
Thanks to Maikel Steneker for R4YSauto, and of course Yasu, and anyone and everyone else who was a part of the development. =D

Thanks for all the help!
wub.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
In truth, no one makes YSMenu skins because of the insanely easy difficulty of making one. All you have to do is grab a skin from anything else, then get two images from that. Then change YSMenu.ini to your liking (it's easy to learn HTML colors because of the ton of references).

Your thought's on R4TF are wrong. You should try searching. Here is R4TF. Just put it in the resetmse folder.

denieru7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I did search.
If the r4tf.nds that you linked to me was the one from rudolph, then that doesnt work with ysmenu, only the official 1.18 firmware.

And the moonshell thing was just an example, it already works without any problems.

I was asking about the reset in ysmenu; to get from a running ROM back to ysmenu using L+R+A+B+X+Y; anyone have a workaround?

btw, of course you can just get a random r4 skin and put it in, but the one i made is perfect for ysmenu. For example, if you get a r4 skin and use it with ysmenu, if the skin has a box on the touch screen when an nds file is highlighted, then the box in ysmenu and the box from the skin dont match. The default grey rectangle is differently sized between the two. There are more, but minor, differences that make random skins look ugly with ysmenu.

Cheers =]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol