Jaxtaylor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys, can't seem to find solution to this anywhere;

I have a red DS - actually a friend's - that wont load the R4 up - says there's nothing in the slot. The DS was working fine with the R4 until a couple of weeks ago when it suddenly stopped working with no other apparent problems.

I have tried updating / reformatting the card.

Commercial carts work fine.

Anyone experienced this or know what might have caused it?

Thanks in advance.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think this your problem. It appears the contacts on your R4 don't connect properly to the DS contacts, which causes the DS of course to think nothing is there since it doesn't recognize a connection.
Here's a solution that has helped many people with this problem.

macbastard said:
This is a somewhat common problem. One thing you can try is what is known as "The Paper Trick":

To do the fix:
1. Remove the small screw from the r4ds.
2. Remove the back and remove the main chip.
3. Tear a small piece of paper off of something and fold that piece but make sure its not very large (you just want the chip to sit a little bit higher).
4. Put the piece of paper onto what is now the front-back side on the place where the contacts used to be sitting on the r4ds and put the chip on top of it, making sure its aligned to the front.
5. Finally sit the back of the r4 ontop of it, snap it together and finally screw it back together.
6. The contacts should now be bulging out just a little bit and they will now make better contact with the DS contacts and it should work.

If the problem you're actually having is an issue with the contacts on the R4 not being flush with those in the DS... this should help a little.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM