Hacking R4 Will NOT be compatable with DSi?!

Framework43

I'm International
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend told me that the r4 will not be compatable because the autoboot wont work with the new DSi because it will use new firmware. Is this true? Can i fix this?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Nobody knows for certain whether they'll work or not. Haven't you read any of the other dozens of topics that explain it?

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ONCE AGAIN........

there are quite a few OFFICIAL ds cards that boot directly as well... (eg. ds download stations)
booting directly is an official feature, triggered by just a flag in the rom header...
so i don't see why this would make the difference for working/non-working

Framework43

I'm International
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well sorry
rolleyes.gif
Im usually at the wii section not the crowded DS section >.>

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Itll probably wont. it depends on the firmware. acekard and cyclo will definatley work, since they act like a real game cart.r4 and others probably wont work cos the different firmware.

(hi frame. ur framework from rizon?)

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd be willing to say it wouldn't, because the firmware is going to be different and since the R4 Autoboots I don't know how it would boot. :S

We'll just have to see.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
Itll probably wont. it depends on the firmware. acekard and cyclo will definatley work, since they act like a real game cart.r4 and others probably wont work cos the different firmware.

Nobody knows for certain whether they'll work until someone actually tries it out.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's hilarious that people ask all these questions about the DSi when it is not even out. Let's keep it simple:

a) We don't know if current cards will work. I have a feeling all of the autoboot cards will not work, but again nobody knows for certain, but really why would Nintendo release another handheld without fixing the piracy problem?
b) We don't know if SDHC cards will work on it.
c) We don't know anything about it except a few features (How the firmware works is unknown, etc)
But what we do know is:
d) It will print money.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
a) We don't know if current cards will work. I have a feeling all of the autoboot cards will not work, but again nobody knows for certain, but really why would Nintendo release another handheld without fixing the piracy problem?
the ones that act like real game carts will definatly work....

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
QUOTE said:
the ones that act like real game carts will definatly work....

How do you know? Do you have a prototype DSi in your hands right now that you have tried various flashcarts out on? Or is it your best guess? If it's a best guess then it can't be definitely can it because you have no idea if Nintendo have put some kind of protection into the bios.

Framework43

I'm International
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:

Yes it is Framework from rizon #fmz -____-'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse