R4 white screen then reset?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by xply, May 20, 2007.

May 20, 2007

R4 white screen then reset? by xply at 3:07 PM (1,096 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. xply
    OP

Newcomer xply Member

United States
    Hi everybody. I have read many of the threads that talk about the R4 freezing and I'm not sure if this is the same thing as those threads. While playing a game, both screens suddenly turns white then restarts its self automatically in the R4 Menu. It does not freeze like the other threads where people have experienced music still playing or a frozen screen. My problem is that it automatically resets to the R4 menu. I turned soft-reset off so I haven't accidentally pressed the soft reset buttons. This has happened multiple times to my Pokemon Pearl and it has happened once to Sonic Rush. When it has happened to Pokemon, it seems to be random, i.e. entering a battle, changing from no rain environment to rainy environment. I have formatted to both fat16 and fat 32 but the same thing still happens. I have also cleaned the contacts of both the microsd and the r4. My microsd is a Japanese Kingston 1gb model so I doubt it has anything to do with the speed. Last night, it happened two times within a span of 5 minutes. Any solutions to this problem?

2. ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned ZeWarriorReturnz Banned

United States
    Are you absolutely POSITIVE Soft-Reset was off?

3. xply
    OP

Newcomer xply Member

United States
    yes i'm sure soft reset is off. The "R" button on the top right of the games screen is red which I believe is off. Also I'm not pressing the button combinations that would cause it to soft-reset if it was on.

4. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    you're right, its not the same type of freezing.

and you've already covered everything i would consider a possibility...hmmm...

5. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    I would suggest sending it back to the shop you bought it from

- Sam