R4 vs SCDS

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by nuzero, Jan 2, 2007.

1. nuzero
    OP

nuzero Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2006
    Canada
    I'm leaning onto buy the R4 and i'm in Canada. I live close to a supercard dealer but review are so high for R4. What should i choose? If i order, there might be customs tax.

2. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    SCDS, well right now its crap. R4 totally has me, but I'm not dishing out any money soon. SCDS has had a terrible launch...this is coming from a supercard fan. So my vote is R4. But thats my opinion.

3. 754boy

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    I'm happy with my SCDS and haven't had any problems with it yet. R4 sounds great tho, nice review.

4. Katalyst

Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    From H-Town, Residing in ATL.
    I originally was going to get a Supercard (mainly because it's GUI is awesome) then of course I started reading most people's accounts of theirs and it's compatibility. It still looks like a good card and with the updated firmware it looks like most of the problems were ironed out and I know any still there would probably disappear over the next few updates. R4 is a bit cheaper from different retailers and according to it's most recent review, it's 100% compatible right now. You're not gonna get the pretty GUI that SC has, if that matters to you at all. Didn't matter all that much to me because I'm supposed to playing a game, not looking at pretty windows [​IMG] And hopefully, more customization of the R4 will come with updates. I guess it's all really what's most important to you and what's most convenient.