R4 vs EZ-Flash Omega Definitive

Ikanex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which is better for gaming on the NDS Lite and GBA? I see that there are many different R4 cards out there and it’s very confusing which one to buy. But for the EZ-Flash Omega there are just the normal one and the definitive which makes it easier to choose. I have one NDS Lite and GBA at home and want to play roms on the original hardware.

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The R4 and EZ-Flash Omega Definitive Edition are so different that this comparison makes no sense at all. The R4 runs DS games. EZFODE runs GBA games. Neither do what the other does.

My advice? If you can afford it, go for both.

Reactions: Nikokaro and Ikanex

Ikanex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The R4 and EZ-Flash Omega Definitive Edition are so different that this comparison makes no sense at all. The R4 runs DS games. EZFODE runs GBA games. Neither do what the other does.

Thanks for this info. Which R4 should I go for? And which kernel? Also I found there is the Everdrive that compares to the EZFODE. Which of them is the best, for real-time clock based events like for Pokémon. And can I backup the saves on my PC on each of them?

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are ther

Are there any modern GBA flash carts that use DLDI to allow NDS games to be loaded using flashme firmware on the DS/DS Lite? AFAIK that functionality would also require a DLDI firmware patch for the flashcart. How easy is it to do a DLDI patch for the Everdrive GBA or EZFO?

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are there any modern GBA flash carts that use DLDI to allow NDS games to be loaded using flashme firmware on the DS/DS Lite? AFAIK that functionality would also require a DLDI firmware patch for the flashcart. How easy is it to do a DLDI patch for the Everdrive GBA or EZFO?
At the moment, no. I had an experimental DLDI for the EZ-Flash Omega (not DE) but it doesn't seem to initialize. I probably need to get a real EZFO to test further, but I'm kind of broke as it is right now.

You could get one of the SuperCard SD clones, the purple ones all over eBay, you know? That should still work, but afaik it's slow as hell.

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for this info. Which R4 should I go for? And which kernel? Also I found there is the Everdrive that compares to the EZFODE. Which of them is the best, for real-time clock based events like for Pokémon. And can I backup the saves on my PC on each of them?
On AliExpress and eBay, there are Slot-1 carts with no sticker with a red PCB. Those seem sketchy, but they're actually one of the better carts that are around right now. If you can't find them, you can instead any cart with "r4isdhc.com.cn" or "r4isdhc.hk" on its label with the year 2021 on it. I'd suggest one of those. The kernel is here: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/flashcard-archive/tree/main/Ace3DS+_R4iLS

EZFODE is better than the Everdrive is at the moment. Though I'd research in the GBA forums rather than here as truthfully I do not have experience with GBA carts at this time.

And yes, you can back up saves and all.

Reactions: Ikanex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: