Hacking R4 unlimited upgrade for DS [r4i-gold.hk] problem

Limon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey there, I'm trying to get this R4 clone work with a 1.4.5 version DSi. 80% sure it's impossible to get it working but wanted to see if someone has had the same problem.
I've looked around every post I've seen, tried RetroGameFan's multi card upgrade tool and even though my console detects the card, I always get the message: An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details.
Also looked for every supposed "newest firmware" of my card but either the link is down or I get the same error I mentioned before.
Link on the card www.r4i-gold.hk is also down. Picture of the card below:

Attachments

• r4.jpeg
    r4.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 67

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, I'm trying to get this R4 clone work with a 1.4.5 version DSi. 80% sure it's impossible to get it working but wanted to see if someone has had the same problem.
I've looked around every post I've seen, tried RetroGameFan's multi card upgrade tool and even though my console detects the card, I always get the message: An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details.
Also looked for every supposed "newest firmware" of my card but either the link is down or I get the same error I mentioned before.
Link on the card www.r4i-gold.hk is also down. Picture of the card below:
Well, this flashcart indeed uses YSMenu.

As above, you need to install CFW for the cart to run at all.

As far as installing YSMenu to your flashcart goes, you need to copy everything in DSTTi-Clone YSMenu folder to your SD card root, and then make multiple copies of TTMenu.dat and rename to the following:
iLL.iL
R4i.TP
R4i.3ds
config
3dscard.dat

Afterwards, you need to delete each of these copies, one at a time, until your flashcart doesn't boot. Which means that is the file this flashcart boots from, and then you can delete the rest of them and keep that one.

Reactions: Limon and banjo2

Limon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you very much to all of you!
Unlaunch can disable the whitelist check.
TWiLight Menu++ can replace the R4 (with our without permanent modification -- unlauch is not needed)

https://dsi.cfw.guide/
This alone already worked and gave my micro SD an amazing new life.
Well, this flashcart indeed uses YSMenu.

As above, you need to install CFW for the cart to run at all.

As far as installing YSMenu to your flashcart goes, you need to copy everything in DSTTi-Clone YSMenu folder to your SD card root, and then make multiple copies of TTMenu.dat and rename to the following:
iLL.iL
R4i.TP
R4i.3ds
config
3dscard.dat

Afterwards, you need to delete each of these copies, one at a time, until your flashcart doesn't boot. Which means that is the file this flashcart boots from, and then you can delete the rest of them and keep that one.
I haven't done all this but I'm curious. What practical differences are there with using TWiLight Menu alone?

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you very much to all of you!

This alone already worked and gave my micro SD an amazing new life.

I haven't done all this but I'm curious. What practical differences are there with using TWiLight Menu alone?
Flashcart has a better performance than TWiLight Menu++ for some titles. More often than not, you'll find that both work fine.

If you want to expand functionality of TWiLight, it's possible to configure it so that the flashcart can be used as a second storage slot. Or if you just want to play NDS stuff use flashcart with YSmenu. A handful of different options here.

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.