R4 ULTRA, AKAIO 1.5.1 MOD, POKEMON HG/SS

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by typhoon247, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typhoon247
    OP

typhoon247 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2010
    United States
    First off, sorry for adding a new topic i just wanted to ask since researching about it didnt help

So.. i donno if this is ok to put this here but since its not a tutorial ill just ask away

I have r4 ultra, acekard ripoff, and this is all i can afford right now (only recently did i realize that this was a clone not the original)

with the regular firmware i have been able to play Pokemon HG/SS but with occasional black screen and freezes

and i didnt bother to go beyond badge 1 from all of the talk and knowing that its bound to get worse

Then looking at my other alternatives in buying a new card since r4 so outdated (being desperate),

Romulation reported 100% fully funcitonality for AKAIO 1.5.1 and above (Hence i was thinking of buying Acekard)

But being an informed user i managed to research and google all over the place and ended up installing AKAIO 1.5.1 mod from a japanese site Sorry Acekard users for being unsupportive

(I was also surprised to find that there is not a single link in english for the mod. People really supports Normatt and his team and their efforts!)

Turns out i still have freezing issues (Even though there are people reporting that it plays fine without ap issues?)

Now i wonder if that is beause of the card? the rom? or the mod

I dont think its the mod or the card since there is this other game i have that didn't work for my regular firmware but now works on my akaio 1.5.1.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. grimtooth

grimtooth GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2009
    under the stairs
    stop making excuses, sell the card and get a real one.
    don't support clones.

3. Shabang21

Shabang21 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Toniiiiiiiii!

4. -Mew-

-Mew- GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2008
    Croatia
    Croatia
    This seems to be the second most used sentence here [​IMG]

5. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    first being: toni i choose you!!!

6. MauriiDS

MauriiDS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2007
    Chile
    Moderators! Use Close Tópic Combat naooo!! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice