Hacking R4 Team officially non-existant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So the SCDS and DSTT have come out w/ fixes for final fantasy and have updated their kernels, but where is R4 in all of this? There are more people who use R4 than any other cart. Is R4 ever going to come out w/ any updates?

What are everyone's thoughts on it.

Do you think they are too busy doing other product development projects to consider doing anything for the "outdated" R4?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I doubt they've quit.

If they did, I'm sure they would have said something about it.

Maybe it's just difficult to "fix" the problem with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate...and taking them a while.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget how long it took to get ARM7 patching, and how many games that affected.
lecture.gif

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think for the team to be "officially" non-existent the team themselves would have to make the statement. That would mean the team would have to exist...

Sorry that doesn't help anyone!
wacko.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Every time a game comes out people start complaining the R4 team has stopped support when it's not fixed after a couple of days, then usually when the new firmware is released the same people complain that the only differences are fixes for games.

Just be patient, the R4 team used to bring out a firmware every month and over the last few months it's dwindled. It's a pirate cart, just be grateful your getting any kind of support at all. If you'd been around during the SNES days you most definitely would have been a sad panda as whenever the big N made major changes to the cartridge format you had to buy a brand new backup unit (SloRom->FastRom, LoRom->HiRom etc). When Sony came up new ways to affect the PSX chips you had to replace it, not upgrade it.

Piracy has just become waaaaay too easy for the general public.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They do seem to be sorta slacking as of late. I mean, they do fix the occasional game that doesn't work, but FFCC remains unfixed (by the R4 team anyway). It seems to me that all they would have to do is the same thing Cracker did in their "on-the-fly" patching for the game. They also never fixed the little issue with certain AR cheats not working, even though Yasu fixed it long ago in his r4bugfix file. Why can't the R4 team do the same thing?
wtf.gif

I hear some people "say" that they are in contact with the R4 team, but they never actually tell anything about what the R4 team are doing, which leads me to believe they really aren't in any sort of contact with them.
dry.gif

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
They do seem to be sorta slacking as of late. I mean, they do fix the occasional game that doesn't work, but FFCC remains unfixed (by the R4 team anyway). It seems to me that all they would have to do is the same thing Cracker did in their "on-the-fly" patching for the game. They also never fixed the little issue with certain AR cheats not working, even though Yasu fixed it long ago in his r4bugfix file. Why can't the R4 team do the same thing?
wtf.gif

I hear some people "say" that they are in contact with the R4 team, but they never actually tell anything about what the R4 team are doing, which leads me to believe they really aren't in any sort of contact with them.
dry.gif

I agree. seems like every kernel update lately is not adding any new features, but rather just fixing a bug or two/making a single game compatible.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Every time a game comes out people start complaining the R4 team has stopped support when it's not fixed after a couple of days, then usually when the new firmware is released the same people complain that the only differences are fixes for games.

Just be patient, the R4 team used to bring out a firmware every month and over the last few months it's dwindled. It's a pirate cart, just be grateful your getting any kind of support at all. If you'd been around during the SNES days you most definitely would have been a sad panda as whenever the big N made major changes to the cartridge format you had to buy a brand new backup unit (SloRom->FastRom, LoRom->HiRom etc). When Sony came up new ways to affect the PSX chips you had to replace it, not upgrade it.

I was around during the SNES days (don't assume i wasn't).

I am not complaining about it, I am just wondering what everyone's thoughts on it are. I feel like R4 is putting most of their efforts into creating a new cart to compete against the newer, more "superior" carts (in terms of features).

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
TrolleyDave said:

I agree whole-heartedly. People always love to be so dramatic, "the death of the R4 team! Run for the hills!", after a week of no updates for one specific game.

The R4 Team is undoubtedly very busy. Imagine trying to cope with supply for such a hugely popular product, they're probably held up with the actual business side of the card at the moment (and possibly trying to avoid legal entanglements).

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lol R4 team doesnt care about you guys!! They already have your money lol, they could care less.....especially since Nintendo been on their ass lately
rofl.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Piracy" has become too easy, these days ... and too commerical ... there's irony for you ... the commericalisation of piracy
smile.gif

Pirate companies manufacturing pirate product, with built-in obsolesence, along with a consumer base ... who'd have thought it?

Does anyone else miss the days of when piracy was limited to pockets of small, like-minded people? ... who weren't selling what they copied, and who were pretty much just copying things that they, that friends or family owned, or that they'd rented, and passing them around to a few people they knew ... neighborhood piracy, schoolyard piracy, water cooler piracy.

I miss it, and I don't ... it's a weird feeling.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can everyone stay on topic?

is the R4 team not focusing on R4 support or are they working on some secret uber sick slot-1?

iisdev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Even if they have been disbanded it was a hell of a run.

I would have loved to have seen a R5 but the prospects don't really look good now.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Happens in every aspect of the net ... from firmware to game patches ... people get like this, whilst they wait.

I mean, look how it gets when the servers for MMORPGs get updated ... their forums go insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.