R4 - Supercard to R4 Save Conversion - Not Working

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by xbman, Apr 12, 2007.

1. xbman
    OP

Member xbman GBAtemp Regular

I got my R4 today and it is real sweet. Anyway I had converted all of my saves using the save convertor on the R4 site from SC to R4 format (256kb to 512kb). Anyway none of the saves load, and if I try to load them manually it tells me "This types of files currently not allowed to operate". Anyone have any ideas why the saves are not working?

2. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    Did you name the saves the same as the rom's name?

3. xbman
    OP

Yes, the save name is the exact name as the rom with a .sav extension. I also checked the file permissions and they are read/write for everything.

4. xbman
    OP

OK, looks like it is working. The first game I tested was POR which I have a save (haven't really played the game) but I might have deleted the game data from it. I tried another game (Diddy Kong Racing) and it looks like it worked. I guess the message is normal when trying to launch the save file directly. I actually checked my backup of saves and the POR one had no data, but the one on my SC did, so I most likely did not copy the most recent save over.

Sorry for the false alarm, looks like everything is working correctly!

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    If the save files were named wrong, the R4 would just say it can't find a save. My guess is that you may have selected the wrong type of save file in the converter, and the software isn't smart enough to figure that out.

You're trying to convert saves from a slot 2 supercard, right? If so, you could try this save converter I made: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48555

It doesn't have any options, it only converts from raw 256k saves (like the slot 2 supercard uses) to raw 512k saves for the R4. You just drag all the saves you want to convert onto the .bat file, and it does them all at once.

Someone also made an online save converter, if you want to give that a try: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48582

6. xbman
    OP

Thanks, I'll check that out, but I apparently made a mistake. With the main game I tested I must have converted a blank (i.e. save that the sc partcher creates initially) and converted that. Once I copied the save from the SC again, converted, and copied back to the R4 it appears to work. I was 99.9% certain I backed up all my saves when creating the roms for the R4 but apparently I did not and/or missed one.