Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This one was done with minimal changes beyond what was needed to make it boot
so, to make it boot you have to change the memory addresses? I guess the only way then to make it work is manually rewrite the ARM7 ASM to use these new addresses cause if you open this up in IDA the functions are yet again only 14 and its just as broken.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that must be it. The arm7 code entry and arm7 ram entry addresses must be changed. If I leave them as is, it will cause an error has occured message. I don't do ASM, so rewriting the asm is definitely not something I can do. :P

oh,and a small correction.i have an r4 i that works on ndsi,ndsl and nds

Ok cool. Try the WoodR4 Launcher on the first post. The one marked under the greed "Confirmed Working" section.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that must be it. The arm7 code entry and arm7 ram entry addresses must be changed. If I leave them as is, it will cause an error has occured message. I don't do ASM, so rewriting the asm is definitely not something I can do. :P

Ok cool. Try the WoodR4 Launcher on the first post. The one marked under the greed "Confirmed Working" section.
any progress on the sdhc r4?

alex257

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
[QUOTE="
Ok cool. Try the WoodR4 Launcher on the first post. The one marked under the greed "Confirmed Working" section.[/QUOTE]unfortunately it didnt work either.do you need something for me and my card so you can make it work?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately it didnt work either.do you need something for me and my card so you can make it work?

What error do you get? If you get the "error has occurred" message, you need to use latest nightly of rxTools. If installing to emunand, you must also install the launcher to sysnand. If using an n3DS, install a prepatched TWL_FIRM to emunand. (prepatched TWL_FIRM not needed on sysnand if using emunand)

so, to make it boot you have to change the memory addresses? I guess the only way then to make it work is manually rewrite the ARM7 ASM to use these new addresses cause if you open this up in IDA the functions are yet again only 14 and its just as broken.
Perhaps rather then trying to rewrite the entire arm7 binary, perhaps some kind of "payload" could be created that reads the arm7 binary, moves it to the correct memory address then jumps to it. That way arm7 binary is in the memory space it was programmed to use. It would help get a LOT of stuff to work too like other flashcarts since this will get around the initial block of TWL_FIRM not allowing the original arm7 memory settings at launch.

I'm not a programmer though. Hoping someone could pickup on that idea to see if it's viable and maybe create a custom arm7 binary that acts as the main binary and simply loads the correct arm7 binary with the code entry/ram entry settings TWL_FIRM didn't initially allow.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not a programmer though. Hoping someone could pickup on that idea to see if it's viable and maybe create a custom arm7 binary that acts as the main binary.
Alright so the area the ARM7 code normally lies in is the Shared IWRAM which I guess the 3ds wont directly load data in, the area you change it to is the Main Memory (as described on this page). I suppose I could write a little stub which moves the code back into that IWRAM and then jumps to it, though I am no ARM7 expert so it probably will take me a little.

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's an R4i SDHC 3DS
It worked on the 3DS when it was just released ^^
And it still works on my DS lite, so I know the problem isn't the (old) flashcard :)
Then all you need is the patched TWL FIRM from that one site that cannot be named and your flashcart should work again.

AboveColin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What error do you get? If you get the "error has occurred" message, you need to use latest nightly of rxTools. If installing to emunand, you must also install the launcher to sysnand. If using an n3DS, install a prepatched TWL_FIRM to emunand. (prepatched TWL_FIRM not needed on sysnand if using emunand).
*cough* *cough* nightly is down *cough* *cough*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it