Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My card's always been a DSTWO, so I have no need for this, but it's really cool that you're doing this.
Nice job!

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a comparison between the YSMenu for M3 Real/i Zero and WoodR4 DSi Launcher SRLs.
M3 on the left, R4 on the right.
vj54j0J.png

Would this work?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Here's a comparison between the YSMenu for M3 Real/i Zero and WoodR4 DSi Launcher SRLs.
M3 on the left, R4 on the right.

Would this work?

You need to convert the SRL to one that has arm9 binary at 4000 offset. This pretty much requires repacking the rom. The reason being that that there needs to be room made for the DSi Extended header which happens to go in an area where homebrew SRLs like to place their Arm9 binaries. :P'

Also, that one for m3 may not work. I noticed that the Arm7 code entry offset and arm7 ram entry offset are set to something TWL_FIRM will refuse to boot. It's the evil number pretty much. TWL_FIRM will error out if I try to boot an SRL using it. Most homebrew work fine with alternate arm7 entry settings. But it tends to break some like DS Firmware SRL and the flashcart rom dumps I have tried. :(

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well try to boot the card with the above DSiWare app.
The "TWL Slot-1 Launcher" cia, or the "wood r4" cia?
Just make sure you have the firmware files for it installed on the MicroSD card of the Supercard as well.
I have copied "SupercardDS.nds" to the microSD of the supercard.

I keep getting the "An error has occured" screen with the both cia.
I even updated rxTools to the 3.0-Beta-2 (o3ds)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The Supercard CIA I made. That's the one I meant. If you get an error has occured message, there's something wrong with your setup. Did you install it to emunand? If so, make sure it's installed to sysnand as well. This isn't like Slot-1 Launcher. It needs to be present on both if launching from emunand.

EDIT: CycloDS Launcher is read:

CycloDSLauncher_Test.rar

It probably won't work though. I had to change the arm7 code/ram entry address settings to get it to boot. It white screens for me. Might boot if a CycloDS is present, but it may not work with the modified Arm7 settings. Worth a shot though. Doesn't look like I can do much to save CycloDS unless there's alternate firmware compatible with it.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need to convert the SRL to one that has arm9 binary at 4000 offset. This pretty much requires repacking the rom. The reason being that that there needs to be room made for the DSi Extended header which happens to go in an area where homebrew SRLs like to place their Arm9 binaries. :P'

Also, that one for m3 may not work. I noticed that the Arm7 code entry offset and arm7 ram entry offset are set to something TWL_FIRM will refuse to boot. It's the evil number pretty much. TWL_FIRM will error out if I try to boot an SRL using it. Most homebrew work fine with alternate arm7 entry settings. But it tends to break some like DS Firmware SRL and the flashcart rom dumps I have tried. :(

Would booting into those SRLs from a different firmware (Like WoodYS does) work, or is it a general problem with those offsets?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
This is pretty cool. :)
Sadly though i can't seem to get any of these dsi things you've been releasing to work for some reason. :(
Doesn't matter which i launch, this new one, slot1launcher etc i always get the black screen power off error screen of death. :(
Yes i have the patched twl firm installed on emunand. No idea why it's insta-crashing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...