Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ok spent a good few hours figuring out the layout to a DSi mode DSiWare SRL. So this is my offspring from such efforts:

WoodR4Launcher_DSiMode.rar

A special version of WoodR4 that boots in DSi mode! This may not work, but it's worth a try. If by some miracle it is still able to access the R4 in this mode, try to see if games behave any differently and if DSi Enhanced games work/recognize DSi mode. If somehow it does, the original R4 just outclassed the iEVO! :D

Aside from slightly longer boot up time, the menu seems to respond normally. But because I don't have an R4, I don't know if it can access the R4 while in this mode. I made sure to enable the needed access control settings so that Slot-1 is active. Let's hope it works. :D

Also to those having trouble getting it to work. Be sure you are using the menu files for WoodR4 version 1.62. I believe that's the last build made for R4. If you are using something newer or older, you may run into problems.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: dmc310 and zoogie

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Ok spent a good few hours figuring out the layout to a DSi mode DSiWare SRL. So this is my offspring from such efforts:

A special version of WoodR4 that boots in DSi mode! This may not work, but it's worth a try. If by some miracle it is still able to access the R4 in this mode, try to see if games behave any differently and if DSi Enhanced games work/recognize DSi mode. If somehow it does, the original R4 just outclassed the iEVO! :D

Aside from slightly longer boot up time, the menu seems to respond normally. But because I don't have an R4, I don't know if it can access the R4 while in this mode. I made sure to enable the needed access control settings so that Slot-1 is active. Let's hope it works. :D

Also to those having trouble getting it to work. Be sure you are using the menu files for WoodR4 version 1.62. I believe that's the last build made for R4. If you are using something newer or older, you may run into problems.
It just boots to the empty theme template. :/

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got the latest nightly and I don't get the error anymore. Unfortunately I'm getting blank dialogues. I suspect my card might be a clone. Can anyone help me verify?
XPNUXhE.jpg
d5CQ5Xp.jpg
EDIT: Sigh mine's a fake...
nufX8CD.jpg

So, what number has to be on the chip? Since mine does not have any number on it, I guess it is fake.

Could you please post or PM me the site where you got your r4 wood kernel,maybe this solves the problem, although I do not expect it to.

confounded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Whosian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get this to work at all. Tell me what I did wrong.

New 3ds on 9.2 sysnand and 10.5 emunand. Rxtools booted by ctrboot and menuhax. Running Wood R4 v1.62.

- Installed the Wood R4 launcher using FBI after first running Pasta CFW loader through menuhax. So, start system --> ctrboot --> homebrew launcher --> Pasta CFW loader --> ctrboot --> homebrew launcher --> FBI ---> installing launcher to sysnand (after pressing L)
- Then I just booted up emunand (RX mode) and installed both TWL_FIRM v2 and the Wood R4 launcher to emunand by pressing L.

Running the launcher gets me two black screens. Running the 3ds/nds card app gets me an error screen. The card runs fine on my DS. No problem.

Uninstalled (deleting 0004013800000102) and reinstalled TWL_FIRM v2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Wood R4 launcher, both on emunand (using FBI) and sysnand (through the process detailed above).

Same black screens.

Did the same thing again. Black screens.

I copied everything to the micro SD card using Teracopy with the hash check function turned on.

What am I doing wrong here?

[edit] I'm using rxTools_2016-02-15, in case that's relevant.

Last edited by Whosian,

Marko1000Marko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Could anyone get TTDS/DSTT working? I'm on 10.6 sysnand with arm9loaderhax and twl_firm installed, when I launch the TTDS loader it just hangs at the two white screens and a loading bar, like others have reported.

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Not working.

BTW, thanx for the R4 Launcher. The one in the OP works well. Just have to remember that the R4 is really sensitive, and many times it doesn't boot properly (black screen with the 3 icons). Just hit home and try again. Last time it took me 8 tries to load wood.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does not work I have the same R4 u have in the video and everytime i try booting it with this i get power off error wood r4 v1.62 rxTools latest nightly

PMniac1

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I need help.
I've installed Wood R4 Launcher to load acekard 2i, but found out that it didn't work but TWLSlot1Launcher_v3 works. Now I don't know how to uninstall the wood r4 launcher :/

Anyone can help me?

Whosian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need help.
I've installed Wood R4 Launcher to load acekard 2i, but found out that it didn't work but TWLSlot1Launcher_v3 works. Now I don't know how to uninstall the wood r4 launcher :/

Anyone can help me?
In FBI, press L to target nand, press R until you see a list of titles you can delete. The one you're looking for is at the very bottom. You'll know it when you see it.

turbotronic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you got other firmwares to other carts you can test send them my way and I can convert those as well. Does any one have a SuperCard DSone? I have an SRL converted for that one. Have yet to see anyone test it though:

SupercardDS_Menu.rar

Does the M3 Adapter series of flashcarts use a similar firmware file? I could go that route to get that card working too. I know that is also one card that didn't work with my Slot-1 Launcher.
i have one! but could you re-up it again? D:

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
i have one! but could you re-up it again? D:

That one didn't work. Hence why I pulled it from the server. I posted new ones. I could dig them up from my post a few pages back, but someone tested those too and they didn't work either. :(

By the way, can someone do a rom dump of the Gateway Blue Cart. I wanna try and boot it into DSi Mode. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple