Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Sant0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Both links work fine for me so I've attached them to this post.

Thanks for your help mate. Now my R4 card working perfectly using these launchers.

Don't know what's the issue with the links on the OP. But looks like I am not the only one who's facing this issue.

Reactions: Pk11

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Been a long time since I posted in this thread but randomly out of no where I recently came across a M3DS Real. I went ahead and dumped it's internal rom, made the required arm7 binary adjustment, and created a compatible stage 2 launcher for it.

Although I seem to recall my current version of NTR Launcher works with it I think. But that can be hit or miss with some cards and I have stopped working on it. If you have a DSi with HiyaCFW/Unlaunch this cart will boot fine directly from System Menu abit with some issues with the original pre-M3 Sakura DSM video player. (aka the one with the gbalpha logo) This seems to be the case on 3DS too so don't expect it to work on 3DS unless nocash decides to port Unlaunch to 3DS at some point as only his cart launcher seems able to boot this cart in away that doesn't break the original DSM player. M3 Sakura's video player is newer and will run fine I believe though it won't be able to play the older DSM video files that only the gbalpha version could play. I presume this was a non issue on the DS/DS lite this cart was originally made for.

m3DSReal.cia

Note unlike the other one I made this one back in the day this one will work with any firmware setup you have for your M3 DS Real cart be it WoodM3 or YSMenu/etc.

As mentioned the original DSM player will most likely hang when loading a DSM video file but game launching seems to work.

I'm aware this cart had 2 hardware revisions. One that used an FPGA and a newer one that doesn't. Mine was the second revision that did away with FPGA. They both should work though but I can't gurantee that. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
  • Love
Reactions: Wavy

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Been a long time since I posted in this thread but randomly out of no where I recently came across a M3DS Real. I went ahead and dumped it's internal rom, made the required arm7 binary adjustment, and created a compatible stage 2 launcher for it.
Oh my god! I've been waiting so long for this! Thank you!

Now I just have to find where my M3 card went :‎‎p

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I vagually recalled someone had issues with it back in the day so hopefully this helps you out on that. The quick tests I did indicate that with the original firmware Mario Kart DS booted fine. I have to assume M3 Sakura would run fine too though I did not test that. The gbalpha DSM player was the only thing that seems broken but I think that's down to how the 3DS/DSi boots the cart. Only Unlaunch's built in cart launcher will result in a working gbalpha DSM player. M3 Sakura's DSM player should run fine though as it's very similar in setup to Moonshell. :P

I've only tested M3 Sakura on DSi and this cart with my new launcher behaves the same as it does when booted from DSi's System Menu so I presume everything besides the gbalpha DSM player should run without issue on 3DS as well. :D

Reactions: Wavy

Maykey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for some help, I just modded my original 3DS and installed the R4cartlauncher any kernel, I have _DS_menu.dat on the root of my SD but when I launch the application I get stuck on a loading screen, I have an original non-SDHC R4 cart, any advice? It boots perfectly fine on my DS lite.

Dead_walrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming here from 2023, got a new download link for this? The old one don't work.
Post automatically merged:

I need a new download link in 2023, pls I beg.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming here from 2023, got a new download link for this? The old one don't work.
Post automatically merged:

I need a new download link in 2023, pls I beg.
There are several different files to download in the op I'm not sure which one you're referring to I just downloaded the original version for r4 so if you're having problems downloading it's not because it's no longer being distributed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche