Hacking R4 Skins!!

mavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

As some of you know, H8TR has set up an R4DS skins download page on my site. However, I would really like to make it easier for you guys to upload and share your skins - I have lots of disk space and bandwidth to spare, and my site has been online for over three years, with no downtime - I pay for it, so it would make a much better (and more reliable) place to upload your skins than those free file sharing sites ...

To make it as easy as possible to upload your skins and previews, I would like to make a simple PHP script to allow ou to do this yourselves, instead of having to PM me or H8TR to have one of us FTP the stuff for you. So, I'm asking for your help - if any of you can help make/modify a PHP upload script, I would really appreciate it (and so would the community, I'm sure) ...

Here's what I had in mind, ascript that would allow people to:
  • 1. Upload both a rar/zip file and an image, at the same time, to a directory of my choosing. If the user isn't uploading both files, an error message would display, something like "You need to upload BOTH the rar/zip and the preview image"
    2. Display the url for each file when upload completes.
    3. If possible, insert the urls in a vBulletin format, with a short message, like this:

Code:
    Copy this text to your post at gbatemp.net to show off your files! 
    [url = http://www.mysite.com/uploadedfile.rar ] [ img ] http://www.mysite.com/uploadedpicture.jpg [ /img ][ /url ]
If anyone here can help me to do this, it would really simplify the way we go about sharing our skins - I'm willing to host the files and pay for the bandwidth, I just need help coding the script. Any ideas?

(ps, there's a simple script here in case anyone wants to use it as a starting point)

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
U lost me at H8TR.
That's allready way too much code for me
tongue.gif

Q~

rippon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... wouldn't be too hard... maybe I can whip something together for you this weekend. But why have it require a preview image? Why not have it generate one automatically from the ZIP file contents?

mavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... wouldn't be too hard... maybe I can whip something together for you this weekend. But why have it require a preview image? Why not have it generate one automatically from the ZIP file contents?

That would be better, but more complicated (and more work for the host) ... Anyway if you could throw something together, that would be cool! Thank you!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it