1. kikuchiyo

OP kikuchiyo 大阪に生まれた男

United States
    Hey,

I got the R4 SDHC Gold Pro 2020 to use for DS games on my 2DS XL. I've tried using the official firmware and ysmenu (I've also downloaded the modified ysmenu dat, tried renaming TTMenu.dat and YSMenu.ds to R4.dat, and different SD cards). I've unzipped the contents of the packages into the root of the SD card and no matter what I do I keep getting the "menu?" white folder screen. It's a POS card, but is there anyway I can get it working with my 2DS?

Thanks.

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Yep it's a shitty Chinese clone u got that right

3. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Gambia, The
    Can you post a screenshot or describe what's on your SD?

alexander1970 likes this.
  4. kikuchiyo

OP kikuchiyo 大阪に生まれた男

United States
    I've tried some permutations, but here's what's on there now.

Attached Files:

5. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Gambia, The
    How did you format the microsd? How big is it?

alexander1970 likes this.
  6. MarioKartFan

MarioKartFan GBAtemp Fan

Algeria
    I have the same card and it works great. Try changing microSD cards, make sure you are using the latest official kernel and use the recommended tools for formatting.

7. Kallim

Kallim Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I've just had this same problem with a 32gb card. It worked with an old 8gb card. I was lucky as I also have a NDS lite (with r4i-sdhc). I was amazed because swapping the Micro SD Cards allowed my new Cart to boot up into YSMenu. In theory this shouldn't have worked. I'm assuming a manufacturer has been lazy (which I'm glad about because I've removed the "timebomb" from my new cart).

After some messing around I found formatting it with Panasonic SD tool fixed the problem. I don't know why it was still 32kb cluster size. I did have size adjustment on (not entirely sure what that does). I don't know why this worked.... it just did.

I also found the card there was no folder for r4isdhc in the YS Menu zip file. However the r4i-sdhc one does work. I'm using the white not the gold... but its the same kennel (url link is the same one as gold on manufacturers website).

Is it common knowledge you can use the R4I-SDHC folder on a R4iSDHC cart?? (I'm talking about the YS menu kennel not the original).

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (r4isdhc,