Hacking R4 SDHC Gold Pro (2015) - not working on New 2DS XL?

Laito1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I had ordered the Flashcard back in 2015 and have been using it with no problems on my old 3DS XL. I upgraded to a New 2DS XL now, and the card just doesn't work. If I put it into the slot, the DS doesn't even recognize that a game is slotted in. The flashcard works on neither of my 2 New 2DS XL's, but works on my old 3DS XL. I borrowed a 2016 Version of the R4 SDHC Gold Pro from a friend and it works on both of my New 2DS XL. I tried downloading the newest Kernel from the page written on the flashcard, but it didn't fix my issue. Is the card just not compatible with the New 2DS XL?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Laito1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks, but none of the methods worked sadly. Looks like I'll just be purchasing a new Flashcard. :/ ; Any recommended cards? It's only for playing regular DS games on my New 2DS XL. I tried googling around, but I'm not so sure what would be best. I'd also appreciate a recommended Online Marketplace to order the card from. For reference, I'm from Germany.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then i recommend an ak2i personally (the flashcard ntrboot was written for. . . and the only flashcard that can still be used while flashed with ntrboot [not including ace3ds x] and it also has the firmware wood pretends to be) although you could use just about any flashcard as you have cfw (shit if you wanted to be cheap you could get a original r4 put wood on it and use R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher to load it)

Laito1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any particular reason why the ak2i? Since my N2DSXL is already cracked, I won't need it, right? I obviously want to spend little, but not to compromise quality or comfort. Just wanna slap the .nds on the Flashcard, insert it, and be able to play it.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any particular reason why the ak2i? Since my N2DSXL is already cracked, I won't need it, right? I obviously want to spend little, but not to compromise quality or comfort. Just wanna slap the .nds on the Flashcard, insert it, and be able to play it.
I'd probably go with the r4i gold 3ds rts/plus (r4ids.cn) then. It is a bit cheaper than acekard 2.i, has Real Time Save, a similar OS and works on unhacked DSi and 3DS consoles with the latest version.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

I recommend the R4i Gold 3DS RTS which as the name suggests has RTS/save state support and works with almost every game I have tried it with (RTS doesn't work on Tetris). Ak2i does not have RTS support at all.

then i recommend an ak2i personally (the flashcard ntrboot was written for. . . and the only flashcard that can still be used while flashed with ntrboot [not including ace3ds x] and it also has the firmware wood pretends to be) although you could use just about any flashcard as you have cfw (shit if you wanted to be cheap you could get a original r4 put wood on it and use R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher to load it)

You mean the firmware that is missing several features available in many versions of Wood like RTS support?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend the R4i Gold 3DS RTS which as the name suggests has RTS/save state support and works with almost every game I have tried it with (RTS doesn't work on Tetris). Ak2i does not have RTS support at all.

You mean the firmware that is missing several features available in many versions of Wood like RTS support?
name another feature . . . you cant you already named the only (and most useless) feature of wood that is not present in akaio . . . do you actually own an ak2i ?. . . it does not sound like you do

Laito1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, now I'm confused...which one should I buy? What are the pros of the ak2i? I don't really need it to be ntrboot compatible. But it can't hurt to have it either, if they're the same price.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now I'm confused...which one should I buy?
that really depends on how much you wish to spend look there is nothing wrong with r4i except
. . . back in the day flashcard makers needed to create there own flashcard fw to make there card unique and more functional in a sea of clone cards, early on the ak2i stood out dramatically, then some cleaver people at gbatemp wanted to bring life back to the most dated, featureless, most cloned flashcard that drowned the market the r4 so the started with akaio and tweaked it so it would work on r4 models and they called the fw wood (rts was a later addition). . . now the fw was such an improvement that the trend of creating a useful intuitive menu/fw was basically ended and the recommended flashcard went from a 15 usd ak2i being the best bang for your buck to a 4 usd (or less) r4 clone that you can simply put wood on. it became so popular and logical to put wood on an r4 that (much like b9s) flashcard companies started to create even more r4 clones and either labeled them as wood compatible or it simply came preloaded with wood . . . now knowing r4i runs the flashcard fw that slowed the advancement the flashcard fw's i recommend the flashcard that has the fw wood was built to simulate the ak2i. not only built to be like ak2i fw it was also built from the same source(& sourcecode) as ak2i's fw . . . why on earth would i or anyone recommend an r4 (a cloned flashcard complete with a cloned fw) as the best choice of what to buy baffles me

sidenote this fw relationship (and the fact that ak2i is reflashable) is the reason b9s was built for ak2i first is the devs knew that when they finished there would be a high chance of porting it to anything that runs wood and is reflashable (and there are a lot of cloned r4's out there)

all that said wood (r4i) is a lovely fw that can and will likely accomplish all of your ds related goals but so is akaio (ak2i) and its currently the same price as the most recommended version of r4 (well one dollar more but i digress) . . . the choice is yours as they are not very different

sorry if my responses confuse you that is not my intent . . . but if you really want your mind blown you should know that if you said you have no interest in cfw my recommendation would have been yet another flashcard the strongest (and most feature packed) one on the market at that the scds2

sidenote . . . i apologize for my horrid grammar and misuse of proper punctuation

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that really depends on how much you wish to spend look there is nothing wrong with r4i except
. . . back in the day flashcard makers needed to create there own flashcard fw to make there card unique and more functional in a sea of clone cards, early on the ak2i stood out dramatically, then some cleaver people at gbatemp wanted to bring life back to the most dated, featureless, most cloned flashcard that drowned the market the r4 so the started with akaio and tweaked it so it would work on r4 models and they called the fw wood (rts was a later addition). . . now the fw was such an improvement that the trend of creating a useful intuitive menu/fw was basically ended and the recommended flashcard went from a 15 usd ak2i being the best bang for your buck to a 4 usd (or less) r4 clone that you can simply put wood on. it became so popular and logical to put wood on an r4 that (much like b9s) flashcard companies started to create even more r4 clones and either labeled them as wood compatible or it simply came preloaded with wood . . . now knowing r4i runs the flashcard fw that slowed the advancement the flashcard fw's i recommend the flashcard that has the fw wood was built to simulate the ak2i. not only built to be like ak2i fw it was also built from the same source(& sourcecode) as ak2i's fw . . . why on earth would i or anyone recommend an r4 (a cloned flashcard complete with a cloned fw) as the best choice of what to buy baffles me

sidenote this fw relationship (and the fact that ak2i is reflashable) is the reason b9s was built for ak2i first is the devs knew that when they finished there would be a high chance of porting it to anything that runs wood and is reflashable (and there are a lot of cloned r4's out there)

all that said wood (r4i) is a lovely fw that can and will likely accomplish all of your ds related goals but so is akaio (ak2i) and its currently the same price as the most recommended version of r4 (well one dollar more but i digress) . . . the choice is yours as they are not very different

sorry if my responses confuse you that is not my intent . . . but if you really want your mind blown you should know that if you said you have no interest in cfw my recommendation would have been yet another flashcard the strongest (and most feature packed) one on the market at that the scds2

sidenote . . . i apologize for my horrid grammar and misuse of proper punctuation
I think that you confused something in the history lesson :P The Acekard R.P.G. HAS to be mentioned when talking about the Wood R4 kernel (kernel, not firmware!) because Wood R4 is based on the acekard R.P.G.'s open source kernel. Many wood version (I think up to 1.51 or something) were open source, too. Most "unofficial" wood flashcards use the last open source wood kernel with ROM compatibility patches.

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now I'm confused...which one should I buy? What are the pros of the ak2i? I don't really need it to be ntrboot compatible. But it can't hurt to have it either, if they're the same price.
If you only want to play ds games,r4i gold 3ds or r4i gold 3ds+, both are recommended to buy then AK2i. Not hear any German site, but if you don't care about a high shipping cost, you can visit 3ds-flashcard store, it's also sending flashcard from France with DHL/FR-overseas carrier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.