Henuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey there, I recently bought myself a R4 and I'm loving it it perfect no problems at all. I was looking into getting some save files for a couple of games specifically Jump ultimate stars. Now I found one on Gamefaqs which was in .duc format. I though i could use the save converter on the cd I got with the R4, I did so and renamed it to the rom but when i ran the game it treated it as a new game.

I've probably made a mistake somewhere but not sure where as my knowledge of save files isn't that great.

whoohaaah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heres what i was told, a few simple steps...

download 2 programs:
- max2sc (changes .duc files to 256kb ".sav" files) *technically the max2sc prgram changes .duc to Supercard .sav files, which isnt the same as r4 .sav files because r4 uses 512kb, not 256kb.
- R4DS archive conversion (can be found in the R4DS website under Downloads) *this changes the Supercard 256kb .sav file to an R4DS 512kb .sav

ok now follow along:

1. Download .duc or .dst files (can be found on Gamefaqs or other sites).

2. After downloading the 2 programs listed above, extract them (the R4DS archive coversion may give an error message, just close it and ignore it).

3. Take the .duc/.dst file and drag it to the application named "max2sc." It should output another file with an extension ".duc.out" or ".dst.out" (ex: new_super_mario_bros.duc.out).

4. Rename that file. Delete ".duc.out" or ".dst.out" extension and replace with ".sav".

5. Open the application SAVE Transform. In the "Input filename," put in the directory of where the .sav file is. (It will automatically give you an "Output filename") Click on Transform (a new file should appear with extension ".r4.sav")

6. Final Step: Rename the ".r4.sav" file to ".sav," and also make sure the .sav file matches your .nds file (ex: Jump Ultimate Stars (J).nds and Jump Ultimate Stars (J).sav). And that's it; just put it into your microSD and your done!

Henuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That worked perfectly, thanks a lot
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum