Hacking R4 Saves Disappearing, but Still There?

Shakedaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using: R4 1.18
Kingston Micro SD 1GB

I was well into FFIV for the DS and then one day I loaded up the game the option to "continue" was no longer there... I put my micro SD into my computer and yes, my save file is *still* on the micro sd but the problem is it seems FFIV does not recognize it. This happened a while ago and I chalked it up to bad luck.

Then, just now, I was loading up FFTA2, went to "continue" and then it said save loading, and then suddenly the save disappeared! I went back to the main menu of FFTA2 and it no longer had the option for me to continue.

I checked the micro SD card, and my FFTA2 save file is still on there. Just as with FFIV, it seems that the game doesn't recognize it.

I searched the forums before asking this question and I found some similar problems to mine, but not exactly the same, because most people's save files seem to have truly disappeared, while mine is still on my sd card it's just that the game doesn't recognize it.

Is there anyway to get my rom files to recognize those save files again so I don't lose all my date? I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, I tried looking for other similar questions before I posted this. But any help would be really, really appreciated

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the saves or your card may be coming corrupted,if you can you should copy all your files from your card to your computer and format the card and put all the stuff back on the card and see if that does the trick.....

Shakedaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the sd formatter 2.0 and formatted the micro sd card, but now windows won't even let me open the card so I can copy and paste stuff into it! This situation is getting worse by the minute HELP

Shakedaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you mean... I have the black version before it came out with grooved edges, does that help?

I think I might have used the sd formatter 2.0 in the wrong way... On my second time trying it I went to options and changed it to "full - erase ON". Did that somehow ruin my micro SD card?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
What I mean is it a R4, R4 SDHC, R4-III, R4 New, R4 Ultra, that type of thing. If it's an old original R4 it could just be that it's dying.

Shakedaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's the original R4, I got it back in 2007. The front sticker says R4, then under the Revolution for DS, then under that it has (NDSL/NDS)

I can accept the fact that my R4 may be dying, but the problem with my micro sd card is really bothering me right now. Window's won't even recognize it's there really.. When I go to properties it says 0 KB Free 0 KB Used

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like your mirosd card is trashed. I've had it happen before, I wasn't using the Panasonic formatter but it was the same end result.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could also try formatting the memory card in like a camera or something if you have one that uses micro sd cards,also if you have a friend or family member with a computer try and see if the card shows up/works on their computer.....

Shakedaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried putting it in my friends camera, it said memory card error and wouldn't even load up. I wonder how much of this was caused when I used the sd formatter 2.0 thing to do "full (erase - on)". Has anybody here ever tried that with their memory cards before? And had a similar thing happen?

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
erm.. i format a few times. but just right click on the mem card and choose format.
didnt use any additional software or whatever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?