R4 problems....Help

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by AeonCommanderCod, May 25, 2008.

May 25, 2008

R4 problems....Help by AeonCommanderCod at 2:23 AM (1,836 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. AeonCommanderCod
    OP

Newcomer AeonCommanderCod Newbie

United States
    Well, while I was trying to figure out the Cheat Code Editor, I tried to put a code onto my Pokemon Pearl game to where every wild Pokemon would shiny, anyway, I put the code into my sdcard to the best of my ability, but when I go to my R4 menu, the rest of my roms are fine, but when I go to play my Pokemon game, the cheat icon at the bottom is greatly distorted, with the No Cheat icon in the spot where the icon in normally, with the Cheat (Y) covering the left side of the No Cheat icon, and a Cheat icon covering the right side of the No Cheat Icon [​IMG] A pic of what I'm seeing, now, the cheat only works if all my other cheats are turned off....Why? And is there a way I can change it where I can have more cheats?

2. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Have you tried out the cheat database in my signature? It could save you some time because theres a ton of codes for over 700 games, including pokemon. Including that every pokemon you catch is shiney.

At any rate, did you edit a cheats.dat file or a usrcheat.dat file? If the former, did you encrypt the file? Also did you make sure the cheat is correct?

3. AeonCommanderCod
    OP

United States
    I did and have, everything is correct, and I followed step by step videos I found on youtube to make sure I did things properly, I guess I messed up somehow because when video showed the finished product of the cheat code was in the 'Cheat Y' at the bottom of my R4 menu screen, instead of being distorted like mine. And again, the code itself works, but I have to enter the Cheat icon to the right of the screen, and all other cheats must be turned off. I did everything the same way as the video, and tripe checked to make sure I had everything saved before and after loading the cheat, still my problem stays the same.....What must I do to fix it?

4. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Are you using both a cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat file? If so, only use one or the other and not both.

5. AeonCommanderCod
    OP

United States
    I'm using urscheat.dat.....I know [​IMG] I make it sound so horrible, don't I?

6. RaiDesu

Member RaiDesu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've had both for a while. Worked fine.

The "No Cheat" icon is most likely a part of the skin.

7. AeonCommanderCod
    OP

United States
    So it's no crazy error that will kill my game? But what of the cheats themselves, they shiny cheat which is what this whole deal is about only works when all the cheats are turned off, anyway to fix that?

8. Xero Prime

Newcomer Xero Prime Member

United States
    delete the cheat.dat file. It'll only read the usrcheat file, and woun't have the double icons. Plus if you have both on the sd card, sometimes usrcheat cheats refuse to work

9. AeonCommanderCod
    OP

United States
    In deleting my Cheat.dat file, would I not lose all the cheats that go with the game originally? I use those cheats often to make pokemon raising easier ( I'm not maxing stats or anything =P )

10. RaiDesu

Member RaiDesu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Cheat.dat and Usercheat.dat have the same content.

11. DarkSpace

Member DarkSpace Custom member title

United States
    Unless you edited the cheat dat and it's different form the usercheat, you should be fine.

12. AeonCommanderCod
    OP

United States
    Really? Thanks guys, I'll give it a try =P