R4-Pro won't load ANY Pokémon roms

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by DuskIzanagi, Apr 2, 2010.

Apr 2, 2010
  1. DuskIzanagi
    OP

Newcomer DuskIzanagi Advanced Member

United States
    Well,since I started to use my R4 clone (r4-pro.com),I come across some problems with some Pokémon games. since the regular save file corrupting to random freezing on HG/SS. But,last week,the Pkmn files work no more. They load,and then go to a white screen forever.
    I'm using that r4 clone with Akaio(please no discussions about cracking here,let's focus on the problem). So,does anyone know,what is going on? Only the Pkmn files don't work(well,that and Animal Crossing,but that's another problem)

2. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    Format your SD using Panasonic SD Formatter, then copy over you files again. Or, BUY A GODDAMN ACEKARD.

3. DuskIzanagi
    OP

United States
    Well,how clever. If I had the money,I would have bought a EDGE DS already,don't you think?

By the way,formatted already,downloaded new files,re-used the old ones,nothing worked thus far

4. Kinqdra

Member Kinqdra GBAtemp's Official T-shirt

Croatia
  5. DuskIzanagi
    OP

United States
    Did this too,unfortunately.
    The weird part is that I played HG already with no problem,until it simply stopped! who knows what happenned

6. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Are all other roms broken too?
    Sounds to me like a flashcart problem. Try a reformat with Panasonic SD Formatter and then install the latest firmware for your cart.

7. DuskIzanagi
    OP

United States
    No.The only games not running are
    -Animal Crossing
    -Pokémon Pearl/platinum/Heartgold versions

Everything else is doing fine

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It sounds like you just have a shitty cart with shitty compatibility. The solution is to probably buy a new, non-crap one. I don't think there's any other work around.

9. DuskIzanagi
    OP

United States
    Uh...what part of the "The files were working until last week" haven't caught up to you yet?

10. DuskIzanagi
    OP

United States
  11. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    This. The answer isn't gonna change.

12. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Well, it may or may not be a shitty cart... but nobody else here seems to own one. Thus I don't think anyone will be able to help you.
    Try an R4 forum, preferably one for your particular clone.

13. zetadragon90

Newcomer zetadragon90 Member

United States
    Check your pm, I have sent you the alternative firmware Akaio 1.5 Mod, I hope it solves your problems.

14. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    If I were you, I wouldn't make that public announcement. People are still pretty sore about that

15. DuskIzanagi
    OP

United States
    Yeah,got it,no hopes for old Dusk here.
    But,the only thing I cannot understand is why they worked for sometime,then stopped

16. Mooie

Newcomer Mooie Newbie

Canada
    Okay no offense but to some people, if they WANT to spend so and so amount of money on a so called "mainstream" flash cart then they can. I personally had a real R4 and only have a clone for the R4i because it came with my Japanese NDSi. Clearly I hardly think telling people to get other cards would help when the topic starter is mainly asking for help on HIS/HER flash cart.

I can play all the pokemon roms before HG/SS just fine on my specific clone for the R4i. Platinum worked fine, I never patched it or anything. HG/SS roms have anti piracy issues and that can't be helped. Did you check the .sav files of the pokemon games? Apparently some flash carts make them ~260KB while the actual size of a normal save file for pokemon roms are ~500KB.

Regarding clones..I guess there are many issues..I myself have had one or two strange issues. You probably tried this as it is a no brainer, but you can check for firmwire upgrades and see if switching to YSmenu would work better.

17. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    You mean what, like the $20 or less it costs to get an Acekard? For Christ's sake, how cheap can some people get? A homeless bum on the street could scrounge up $20 in half a day. [​IMG] Many of you are probably using these things to rip off hundreds of dollars worth of games, yet you don't even have the sense to not be a complete cheap-ass when choosing the actual flashcart?

If people choose to spend their money on garbage carts instead (and save what? $10?), then this is the response they can usually expect. Most people on these forums are sick to death of people posting about R4s... there are dozens of damn R4 clones out there these days, and they're all $*#@ and nobody should expect them to work very well, or for that long.

18. DuskIzanagi
    OP

United States
    Well,yeah,all of them worked or me (HG feezing constantly tough) but it simply stopped. I'll try and erase the .sav's in it and try to run again with Akaio.
    And looks like the site for my r4 is no more there. [​IMG]

19. Mooie

Newcomer Mooie Newbie

Canada
    Well I guess you can try YSMenu and then use the patch that is provided on here if all else fails. If the site for your R4's site isn't there anymore, they might have shut down or anything o_o You probably can't get anymore updates unless it's a temporary thing.

20. DuskIzanagi
    OP

United States
    You speak as if you know the facts,what you don't. First of all,yes,anyone can gather up 20$ and buy a goddammed acekard.But the problem comes in 2 ways:
    1:There are no local sellers of this where I live,only r4 clones are sold here.
    2:Even if I try and buy through internet,I have no credit card and I believe some sites won't ship to where I live.

That aside, "People on these forums are sick of people posting about r4s"? Are you serious? This is an R4 forum,as one can probably see. If everyone is soo damm sick of an Internet Discussion,what about the open a new forum: "R4 knock-offs and clones". No even better! Make one forum to each clone,so there will be a thousand new forums so noone will get butthurt(sorry about the language) and "oh so sick of it".

"For that long" Do you even know for how long I have this godforsaken piece of junk? Less than 2 months. You know how much it costed me? The equivalent of 25 american dollars. There,you happy now?
    If you are so sick of this as you show,don't complain here,make a new thread,unload all your hatred directed to the R4 clones,say what you want,but not here,where I am but one people asking for ADVICE,not wanting to buy another flash cart.

that is all