R4, pokesav and the pokemon wii game

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by jessicarabbit, Dec 8, 2008.

Dec 8, 2008
  1. jessicarabbit
    OP

Newcomer jessicarabbit Advanced Member

United States
    After some recommendations I downloaded pokesav for my kids. So they used it to put some pokemon on their R4 which they then transferred via wi fi to their pokemon pearl game for the ds (regular game cart, not the r4). Now my daughter wants to transfer the pokemon from the pearl game to the wii but it's not working. She can transfer caught pokemon but not pokesav pokemon. Is there a workaround for this?

2. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    I read that the Wii game detects if it is a hacked Pokemon or not (not sure since I don't own the Pokemon Wii game)
    Since it is hacked, you can't transfer it [​IMG]

3. LORD_NIGHTMARE

Newcomer LORD_NIGHTMARE Member

Australia
    the hacked pokemon need to be within strict guidelines.
    first of all the pokemon's iv's cant be above 31
    the pokemon's total ev's cant be above 510 and cant have more that 255 in each respective stat
    the pokemon needs to have a ability that that pokemon can learn
    it can only have moves that the pokemon can actually learn serebii.net has a great pokedex for you to check all this
    language needs to be set to something (eng works best)
    set region/version to ether diamond or pearl
    not sure if PBR checks but
    set the "met at place" to 2000 or day care couple
    and "egg hatched at" to 4 or solaceon town, this just makes it slightly more legit, i dont think nintendo has updated the protection again to account for PIDs and trash bytes. you dont need to worry about trash bytes.

Pokemon that can only be obtained though a pokemon event cannot be transferred to BPR, unless you have an actual event

also make sure you have the latest version of pokesav, 40c last time i checked
    if there is anything that needs clearing up dont hesitate to ask =)

4. jessicarabbit
    OP

Newcomer jessicarabbit Advanced Member

United States
    Thank you! I will print out this post and give it to my kids. They've been having a lot of fun with the pokesav but apparently that isn't enough. [​IMG]