Hacking R4 or wait for CycloEvo

r1co281

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently made the mistake of buying a DS-X. But thankfully I was able to return it for a full refund cuz the 16gb thing didn't even work. (Though they just fixed the bug that was in it but I kinda don't care anymore)

So now I'm thinking about buying an R4 or should I wait for the CycloEvo? (like 15 days away?)

lately I've been hearing about the R4's spring breaking allot for the microsd thing? So im not sure if I should go with the R4. Whats everyones opinion.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the cyclo seems like its worth the wait

I thought the same for the G6DSR. It wasn't worth the wait
frown.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nothing is worth the wait if a currently available product meets your needs and fits your price range.

You could wait for the CycloDS, and it might be really good, or it might have big problems and annoyances. It might be available when they say it will, or it might take an extra four months. Meanwhile, the R4 and the N-Card (and its clones) are available now, they work, they're cheap, and you know what you're getting.

A better product will always be coming out soon, but that doesn't matter. You could be playing now.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most people have the R4. You can get them really cheap now at bamboogaming, £16 including postage last time I looked. The CycloEvo has better download play, but how longs it going to be before one of the other card companies, looks at the firmware and upgrades their card so it has the same feature.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most people have the R4. You can get them really cheap now at bamboogaming, £16 including postage last time I looked. The CycloEvo has better download play, but how longs it going to be before one of the other card companies, looks at the firmware and upgrades their card so it has the same feature.

http://bamboogaming.blogspot.com/2007/05/f...r4-is-over.html
Last time you looked was over 5 days ago.
wink.gif

Dealextreme still has it quite cheap, although they've rised the price by $3.70 resently..
(Though they just fixed the bug that was in it but I kinda don't care anymore)
Oh my god, are they still doing that?
frown.gif
(releasing shit that doesn't work and let the customers wait for a fix for months)

Anyway, I think it depends on how important you think download play compatibility is. If it doesn't mather that much, I don't see much reason to wait...

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd wait for the Cyclo DS Evo review. It can't be much longer anyway. 1-3 weeks max. As for G6 DS Real, its only gonna get worse. I'm predicting a $95-110 USD price. Just enough that they can say "We beat the DS-Xtreme's price!".
Always wait for a review before buying.
I got my M3 DS Simply a week before the first reviews we're going up. At that time, there was no confirmation that M3 DS Simply and R4 were the same, only speculation. I'm so happy it was true.

somekool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
everybody always talks about the R4.... what about the EZ-Flash V...
there is no goodies, but seems to be excellent product. what do you guys think?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Love my EZ5, and recently dealxtreme added them at the lowest I have seen yet, $28.28USD inc. shipping... but I still have to say R4 is the cat's arse (so to speak) and the one I use when I just want to go ahead and play something.

Sure there is the deficiency of download play which cyclo may solve, but it is nothing that any of the other cards can't fix with some form of update if they decide it's time to fix the problem.

The only thing I wonder at this point, is at what juncture are R4/M3DSS going to stop being updated. Hopefully they are not in fact M3 team posing, and as such intend to keep their only current product alive for a loooong time (when you start seeing a device in a DS in magazine photo shoots, you gotta think they have sold a lot of them).

shooshoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was waiting for the G6 DS Real because I liked the idea of having the memory integrated so you wouldn't have to worry about buying a certain kind of micro sd card in order to avoid game slowdowns. I hear some people saying the G6 DS Real is already out, but I can't find it for sale yet.

Never heard about the Cyclo until today (I am a noob to DS flashing). You think they will be picky about the type of memory card? I would consider getting this card but if the price is going to be like $100 then there's no point. I would rather spend half that or less and get an R4.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was waiting for the G6 DS Real because I liked the idea of having the memory integrated so you wouldn't have to worry about buying a certain kind of micro sd card in order to avoid game slowdowns. I hear some people saying the G6 DS Real is already out, but I can't find it for sale yet.

Never heard about the Cyclo until today (I am a noob to DS flashing). You think they will be picky about the type of memory card? I would consider getting this card but if the price is going to be like $100 then there's no point. I would rather spend half that or less and get an R4.

You can preorder a cycloevo at Divineo for $54.99 USD. Is it worth it, I don't know. But I do know one thing, I'm happy with the R4 that I have.

shooshoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok one thing I keep noticing is that some of these flash cards are described as 8Gb, 16Gb etc. Can anyone explain what that means?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end