R4 or R4i SHDC doesnt quite fit on a N3DS Xl slot

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by garache, Feb 26, 2017.

1. garache
    OP

garache Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2013
    Do other flashcards fit like butter on a N3DS Xl? Is the R4i Gold different design wise?

My console is already kinda falling apart on its own, the last thing i wanna do is shove a R4 on its entrails.

2. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    I kind of have to push my card in along one side. The side that wouldn't have the wide tab (you know, that part that sticks out). Otherwise, that card would wobble a bit while going in.

3. garache
    OP

garache Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2013
    What is the one you use?

4. jupitersj

jupitersj Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    Supercard DSTWO is the same, sometimes it slightly catches on one side, just have to push it to the other side and slowly but firmly slot it in. Never had any issues.

5. slaphappygamer

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    I've got the r4i gold rts 3ds (r4ids.cn).

6. garache
    OP

garache Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2013
    I just cant seem to make the cards fit in the console, if i push all the way ill get a response but if i remove and it says in an iddle position, the connection is lost with the 3DS.

I tried it in my O3DS and fits like a charm. What am i doing wrong hmm

7. slaphappygamer

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    Try using the inside of your shirt to wipe the contacts on the card. I noticed that mine was a bit dirty. I was thinking about gutting a 3ds game to put the motherboard of my r4i card in the housing. I have no idea if that'll work, though