R4 or M3 play SNES ROMS?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by bang3r, May 5, 2007.

May 5, 2007

R4 or M3 play SNES ROMS? by bang3r at 4:55 PM (878 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. bang3r
    OP

Newcomer bang3r Member

United States
    hi, i remember reading that the R4 or M3 can play SNES roms... is this true? and how exactly do you go about doing that? thanks!

2. knilsilooc

Member knilsilooc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    SNEmulDS (Direct Download Link)

Download that, it's already pre-patched for the R4/M3S, so just put it on there wherever you prefer. The SNES ROMs themselves go in a folder named "SNES" (without the quotes) on the root of your Micro SD card. Before wasting your time, however, I recommend you check out GBAtemp's own SNEmulDS compatibility list. If you see a game that you want to try that isn't listed, help out the community and tell us how well it runs by adding it to the list. Remember to play around with the game options to try and get the best results.

3. bang3r
    OP

Newcomer bang3r Member

United States
    thanks! seems to be working pretty good... too bad chrono trigger doesn't work right, best snes game ever imo!

4. knilsilooc

Member knilsilooc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Agreed, I love Chrono Trigger. I've actually gotten an hour or two into it in SNEmulDS. Text and sound are glitchy, and it sometimes freezes in battles (a reason to use save states a lot), but it still emulates *okay*.