Hacking r4 + online vendor experience

mash25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those of you guys that were like me a week ago on deciding about getting an r4 heres some info on how my expirience went.

First since im in the USA i wanted a USA shipper. I chose www.nxpgame.com. The r4 cost 39.99 + 5.50 shipping. I got my r4 from this vendor in 3 days time!! So i was very happy. I ordered me memory stick from newegg for 20 dollars , 2 gig Kingston JPN version.

So far so good!! every rom ive thrown at it has worked fine so far! now to test out DPG

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
for those of you guys that were like me a week ago on deciding about getting an r4 heres some info on how my expirience went.

First since im in the USA i wanted a USA shipper. I chose www.nxpgame.com. The r4 cost 39.99 + 5.50 shipping. I got my r4 from this vendor in 3 days time!! So i was very happy. I ordered me memory stick from newegg for 20 dollars , 2 gig Kingston JPN version.

So far so good!! every rom ive thrown at it has worked fine so far! now to test out DPG

mad.gif
WTF!
wtf.gif

I paid $5.50 for the shipping of my R4 and it took almost 3 weeks!

You're sure it was 3 days, right?

Congrats on getting your R4 by the way.

~Nero

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I ordered mines off of an Amazon dealer when it was still cheap... and he even gave me a free MicroSD with it for a grand total of... $42 + $4 shipping. It arrived within a week.

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riot> are you form Canada? i ordered my R4 from RHS last week and it arrived in canada on sunday but i still don't have it yet... hopefully i will have it by this week.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Posted my experience of trying to get an R4 online a few months ago:

At the time of posting this, Gamersection.ca has 36 R4s in stock.
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...products_id=372
They just shipped me one yesterday that I ordered from a friend.

The first time I ordered from them (my R4), the R4 was out of stock, but one of my friends had good things to say about them, so I didn't mind the wait. When I checked on it about 10 days later, I noticed that they had had it in stock for about a week, yet my order was never processed (and I had already paid for it). So I had to call them and say "HAI WTF" to get it moving along. Then they shipped by Canada Post when I had selected FedEx 3-5 Day Ground.

The 2nd time (this recent order for my friend's R4), I ordered on Aug 6th. I used my account on the site, but gave them my friend's addresses (email and shipping) for the paypal payment. After a while, I figured she was getting the emails saying it's been processed and shipped and such. A week later, I asked about it and she said she had only received the email saying her credit card had been charged. So I looked up my account on the Gamersection site and it didn't show the order. Only the one I talked about before this one. So I called them up again on Thursday and said "HAI WTFUX", and they started getting it processed. Again I selected FedEx shipping, they shipped by UPS.

The friend that recommended them to me said they processed his orders fast and they always shipped by FedEx. And he lives in the same tiny town that I do.

I give Gamersection a rating of:
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
out of 5.
I will never order from them again.

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posted my experience of trying to get an R4 online a few months ago:

At the time of posting this, Gamersection.ca has 36 R4s in stock.
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...products_id=372
They just shipped me one yesterday that I ordered from a friend.

The first time I ordered from them (my R4), the R4 was out of stock, but one of my friends had good things to say about them, so I didn't mind the wait. When I checked on it about 10 days later, I noticed that they had had it in stock for about a week, yet my order was never processed (and I had already paid for it). So I had to call them and say "HAI WTF" to get it moving along. Then they shipped by Canada Post when I had selected FedEx 3-5 Day Ground.

The 2nd time (this recent order for my friend's R4), I ordered on Aug 6th. I used my account on the site, but gave them my friend's addresses (email and shipping) for the paypal payment. After a while, I figured she was getting the emails saying it's been processed and shipped and such. A week later, I asked about it and she said she had only received the email saying her credit card had been charged. So I looked up my account on the Gamersection site and it didn't show the order. Only the one I talked about before this one. So I called them up again on Thursday and said "HAI WTFUX", and they started getting it processed. Again I selected FedEx shipping, they shipped by UPS.

The friend that recommended them to me said they processed his orders fast and they always shipped by FedEx. And he lives in the same tiny town that I do.

I give Gamersection a rating of:
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
out of 5.
I will never order from them again.
i ordered from gamersection (im in canada) and they shipped and it got here in 3 days i believe, it was fantastic in my opinion

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i live in canada too and we have some crazy asian mall that does wii mods, sells R4, burnt DVDs etc and i dont understand why the cops dont bust the place... they're always there. its wierd but its a kewl mall call pacific mall.
P.S. -> I'm not asian and im not a chick.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well i live in canada too and we have some crazy asian mall that does wii mods, sells R4, burnt DVDs etc and i dont understand why the cops dont bust the place... they're always there. its wierd but its a kewl mall call pacific mall.
P.S. -> I'm not asian and im not a chick.

I was about to ask you if you were a chick.
tongue.gif
All the asian malls have some type of store that does that. Is Pacific near West coast?

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kewl, prolly vancouver?
IF thats where over there is, lol
well i ahve skewls tomorrow and tonight was chillz
i are having two go
peace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum