R4 not working on brother's DS old

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by efaj, Oct 17, 2008.

1. efaj
    OP

efaj Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2008
    Help R4 not working on old DS! How do I fix this?

2. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Aug 14, 2007
    ‭jerkland
    How isn't it working?

Details!

3. efaj
    OP

efaj Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2008
    It gets stuck after the helath an safety and displays an blue screen top, green screen bottom before getting the R4 firmware 1.18 menu, but works on my ds lite...

4. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Try this.....set the brightness level to max on your lite through the R4, then put it in the phat.

Another option is to plug and unplug the cart a few times in the phat, then boot it up.

5. Mr.Guy

Mr.Guy GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    I have the same problem. I'm using that un-official firmware 1.19, and it wont work on phat DS's. Are you sure that will work Rayder? I want to make sure because I only get to see my friends DS one more today and don't want to haves show up without a fix.

6. efaj
    OP

efaj Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2008
    Still not working but it worked with 1.17... but it so S@!ks

Done fixed! I dunno why, but i had 1.19 and that was the problem... thing is... I only use links from the official page... Dunno why... but problems solved!

7. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    there is no 1.19 official firmware, what you dled was a decrypted ysmenu hack from the people who make the r4 clone. if you put that on your real r4 that would explain much. the last official (and final) firmware is 1.18 and you can get it in the download section of this forum.

-another world