R4 Not Working DS Carts too

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Maverick_z, Jun 12, 2008.

Jun 12, 2008

R4 Not Working DS Carts too by Maverick_z at 7:53 PM (1,426 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Maverick_z
    OP

Member Maverick_z When did i join again??

Canada
    Hey guys, I was wondering if you can help me with this. I have an R4 loaded up with the newest firmware available. I just tested the r4 when Summon Night: Twin Age was released it was working. Then couple days I went to play it again it didn't work, it freeze up on the loading screen it just went to the DS Selection selection screen, so I did the usual stuff on how to make it work but it didn't. Then I tried putting in my original carts since I bought few and they don't seem to work either. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I just don't know what to do to get it working again can someone please help me on this [​IMG] [​IMG]

BTW. DS I have is the PhatDS big grey silver one

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

have you checked the slot for any kind of dirt or debris ???

sometimes a little dust in the slot can cause problems such as not loading games etc my kids ds's both phats suffer similar issues now and then [​IMG]

try blowing really hard into the slot to clear any dirt/dust that may of gathered in there it usually works on theirs [​IMG]

3. Maverick_z
    OP

Member Maverick_z When did i join again??

Canada
    i've done it like more than enough times still it doesn't work. just today I had some rubbing alcohol put it on a q-tip and started to clean the slot with it. I got it clean, but it still didn't work. and its still refusing to recognize both my r4 and my original carts

4. kobykaan

United Kingdom

ok check the settings in the ds and make sure its set to boot slot 1 first or try changing it see if that makes a difference and remove any slot 2 device just in case if you have one in slot 2 [​IMG]

if that does not work then there maby something else wrong with your game slot [​IMG]

see if you can also try all your game cards/flash card in someones working ds [​IMG]

5. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I wouldn't have put anything in the slot... Not a good idea.

6. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    Yeah, it could eat away the contacts or stuff something up.. The only thing I can say is that your R4 is failing, maybe, or your microsd is failing or not in correctly..

7. kobykaan

United Kingdom

other retail cards also do not work so micro sd is prolly not the issue here!

8. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You could try putting a small folded piece of paper between your R4/Game and your DS as you insert it, sometimes that fixes the problem.