R4 not detected by DS!

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by eyemessiah, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyemessiah
    OP

eyemessiah Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2006
    United States
    After a lovely afternoon of playing with my R4 and picking stuff to put on my SD I got something of a fright when my DS stopped detecting the R4; like there was nothing in the slot at all.

I tested with a normal cart and this booted fine. I noticed that if I held the R4 in, then the DS did in fact see it fine.

So I dug out a very small screwdriver and swapped the R4 into the spare casing and I was very relieved to find that the DS could see it again, even without me holding it in. Being a curious sort I then swapped it back in to the first casing, and wierdly it is working fine again.

Maybe popping it out of the casing a reseating it would have done the trick? Seems like it wasn't sitting quite right, and not making a full connection with the DS.

Anyway I thought I'd post incase anyone has this sort of trouble.

nevermind, back to playing now!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Devante

Devante Crescent fresh at best.

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    Thanks for the post.

I have the same problem too, where I have to remove/reinsert the R4 in order for it to detect.

I'll try reseating it in the case.

3. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 10, 2006
    UK
    Not had it not detected, but I have noticed that on my brand new DS Lite when you put it in there's a little bit of resistance where it's only a little way in and then a "sprrink' sound as you break through the resistance. Doesn't happen with my DS phat or normal cart in my new DS lite. If I angle the R4 a bit I can manage to get it in without it, so i think I'd better do that incase I snap something in my DS or R4!

4. eyemessiah
    OP

eyemessiah Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2006
    United States
    I've had one or two non-detection episodes since but reinserting the cart has fixed it each time. I'm not too worried if the worst I have to do is reseat the PCB seen as how its just one screw! Yay one screw!

5. JakePsycho

JakePsycho gold~king~house

Aug 9, 2009
    United States
    LOL, my r4 didn't come with a seprate spare case, can i buy one? [​IMG]

6. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    A four year old bump? o.O
    I don't think you can still buy an empty R4 case anymore.. :s
    You're better off buying the 1:1 clones that are made now, shame shoptemp's gone now.

7. Pyrmon

Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Sep 25, 2010
    Canada
    Montreal
    Or doing the paper trick
    Also, you fucking fail for that bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.