R4 Moonshell wont work

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by andrewt, Jul 23, 2007.

1. andrewt
    OP

andrewt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2007
    Hi all, just need a bit of advice please. Have a R4 and installed software 1.10 as manual. However I cant seem to get moonshell to play any mp3's, I have them in a seperate directory /music. I have setup one NDS and it works fine and set up another NDSL and it wont work. I think I once came a cross a site/program that installs 1.10 automatically, does any one know of this site or can explain in plain english how to install the software, maybe I am making some mistakes somewhere.
    Thanks in advance

2. lagman

lagman I wish I was green.

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2003
    Mexico
    Me, To You
  3. andrewt
    OP

andrewt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2007
    Yes but how do you get the music mp3's to work. It's always coming up with error.

4. Yugge

Yugge GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2007
    Sweden
    are you getting into moonshell, and there the mp3's wont play, or are you not even getting into moonshell? If so, are you sure you got mnshl or whatever that bootfile was called (all caps and ending on .nds) in the root? Also check if all your folders are named correctly (especially /moonshell/)

5. Seven

Seven oh hell no

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    Check the bitrates of the .mp3s. I usually freeze up when they have bitrates under 192. If you see that a lot of files have low bitrates, replace them or format your microSD card to FAT16 with 64k clusters.