Hacking R4/M3 Clickyness

Does your R4 have an issue with the Micro SD clicking mechanism?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Sorta

• I don't have an R4

• Total voters

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Originally I thought it was a clicking problem, but then I found out that you don't push the microSD all the way in >_>, because that activates the "pushing out" mechanism

dazinith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have 2, one with the issue, one without..

i say 'issue' very lightly though.. all i have to do is hold the R4 near the slot and provide a tad bit of pressure when putting the card in and it clicks every time.. it will go in with a click about 50% of the time when i don't do this..

skaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 units both click in.

I could only vote once.
frown.gif

So add +1 to the count in the poll.

Late!

grampylover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought three units--one for myself, one for my sister, and one for my brother-in-law. Of the three, one accepts the mSD card easily, one takes it acceptably, and the last makes it quite difficult to properly insert the card. I think this is simply the price paid for buying gray-market merchandise. Still, I'm very happy with the R4.

Slippy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a bit of difficulty with mine for a short time after i changed the case from white to black. After using it for a while, and then putting a lot of pressure on the corners to make sure there were no gaps, it seems to work fine now.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a small problem with the clickyness last night on the R4. The microSD clicked a few times but sprung back out again. I blew inside the card and so far it seems to be working. It may have been better using a similar technique like they used with the supercard lite. Its not spring loaded and the card comes out easily and stays in.

Friction Baby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Whatever people may find it useful still, this topic does serve a purpose to people with this issue therefore it is useful information which should be in public view as needed irregardless of the age of the topic. Use your head people?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My M3 Simply had that problem about a month after purchase and then I fixed it. I received mine on January 1st, and two weeks ago my M3 Simply completely died. It doesn't read from the micro sd anymore, stays at the "loading" screen, even if no micro sd card is inserted. Sucks.
frown.gif
Now I'm waiting to see if I should get the Evolution or keep waiting for M3 Real.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
...keep waiting for M3 Real.

I feel like a bit of an idiot asking this, but what's an M3 Real? Is that going to be their new M3DSS with SDHC compatibility?
Well, there are rumors that the M3 Team will make a Slot 1 card with perfect Download Play compatibility blablabla... Well, I don't believe it's true to be honest. I think there's just the M3 Simply and G6 Real.

But there is a chance that I'll be proven wrong
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.