Hacking R4 loads game but i get two white screens? pics included..., R4 Troubl

2wenty thre3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey whats up guys, im new to the NDS world and im having trouble loading up the roms... i have a chinese version R4 card, but i was able to update the patch to the english version... i was also able to load the game, but after its done loading i get two white screens...

this is what i have on my sandisk 2 gigmicro sd card:

im currently on the 1.16 english patch

_system_
moonshl
_ds_mshl.nds
_ds_menu.dat

this is what i first see:

starts up okay:

67nnmr.jpg

game screen loading:

2pt5jdi.jpg

white screen:

2uyoa4o.jpg

system files i have:

34xkt47.jpg

i appreciate all the help.. thanks fellas
biggrin.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
my understanding was that the card is the card, and the firmware you put on it determins what language you're going to use. i'm using 1.15 firmware and mario kart loads just fine. try downgrading the firmware and see then if it boots.

-aw

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
How many different games have you tried? I would suggest trying different roms as well. It doesn't look like you've trimmed them so it can't be a problem with your trimmer. Do you know how to use offlinelist? You can use it to verify the integrity of your roms. I'm pretty sure there's another simple app that checks the roms but I can't remember what it is. Do you use Rominator at all? I know that has the option to verify your roms as well.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1.Maybe a bad download of the game?
2.Perhaps the file is corrupt?

I've had issues with my R4 at one point also (using win98) turns out that if I unplugged any other usb devices except for the R4 reader then everything worked out fine from that point on.....

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try booting some homebrew and tell us what happens. everything looks fine, you may be trying it with some messed up cheat codes (happens on some games if you use a cheat that wasn't entered correctly).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
WileCoyote said:
I've had issues with my R4 at one point also (using win98)....

Win98 did not include USB support until Win98se2. Before that you had to install drivers, as USB plug-n-play did not exist until after Win98se1 was coded. If you are running 98se1 the issue is with the dirver you using causing conflicts in the IRQ with other drivers. Sometimes installing drivers in different orders will fix the issue, other times it comes down to the type of USB expansion ports you have and if they are located on a USB HUB or not. With Win98se2 the issue was addressed and a universal plug-n-play USB driver *usually* fixed the issues.

I used 98se1 for 6 years with a first gen USB 1.1 device and on occasion I had some odd issues like what you said. =P

2wenty thre3:
1) try to downgrade the firmware to the 1.15 english found here
2) try a combination of homebrew (properly DLDI patches for the R4), and other verified good ROM.

And please reply back. Many people are trying to help you but you are not letting us know if anything works!

-Another World

KJE207

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To the thread originator, I've encountered a similar issue.

If I enable too many cheats for one game (e.g. Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin), all I receive is two blank screens. To workaround, I'll restart the DS and toggle cheats until I get it working successfully.

In contrast, I found if I don't enable any cheats, load the game and allow it to build its own save file, I can then toggle on as many cheats I'd like w/o issue.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
WileCoyote said:
I've had issues with my R4 at one point also (using win98)....

Win98 did not include USB support until Win98se2. Before that you had to install drivers, as USB plug-n-play did not exist until after Win98se1 was coded. If you are running 98se1 the issue is with the dirver you using causing conflicts in the IRQ with other drivers. Sometimes installing drivers in different orders will fix the issue, other times it comes down to the type of USB expansion ports you have and if they are located on a USB HUB or not. With Win98se2 the issue was addressed and a universal plug-n-play USB driver *usually* fixed the issues.

I used 98se1 for 6 years with a first gen USB 1.1 device and on occasion I had some odd issues like what you said. =P

2wenty thre3:
1) try to downgrade the firmware to the 1.15 english found here
2) try a combination of homebrew (properly DLDI patches for the R4), and other verified good ROM.

And please reply back. Many people are trying to help you but you are not letting us know if anything works!

-Another World

Yes i'm running win98SE.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Antonblast is more optimized than pizza tower