R4 issues and Gameyeeeah.com support

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by zesta, Feb 5, 2007.

Feb 5, 2007
  1. zesta
    OP

Newcomer zesta Member

United States
    I have a bad R4DS. It is looking like there might have been a bad batch, based on the number of people with issues.

Gameyeeeah will replace it, but is insisting that I send the defective card back to their China office at my cost, even though they are shipping from the US now.

So, I can send it back to them, and it will cost me $20. What is to say that the replacement will actually work? Especially if there was a bad batch.

If there is a bad batch, does anything think there is a chance that the manufacturer will replace them, and pay the shipping?

I am just afraid of being out all the shipping costs, and still getting a defective R4DS.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm trying to get responses from the manufacturer and Gameyeeeah as well, but it usually takes 2 or 3 days to get a response from either.

thanks,
    -Randy

2. Pipo128

Newcomer Pipo128 Newbie

France
    I had the same problem.

I have bought a new one from a european site with a 1 year warranty. I'll never buy a linker from a chinese site again. Linkers aren't reliable enough, and return shipping cost is far too expensive.

3. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I had a problem from a supercard SD that I got from bamboogaming. I have to send it back to their australian offices for testing. I'm also loosing out on the postage cost £1.50. With the items coming from bamboogaming without the packaging you would think they had been tested.

4. zesta
    OP

Newcomer zesta Member

United States
    Are there any good resellers in the US?

-Randy

5. EarthBound

Member EarthBound a/s/l?

United States

modchipstore.com

I ordered when the first batch of R4's came out where you sould make the R4 a M3.They were out of stock in they didnt tell me so i waited 2 weeks before i got mine.But i got it in 1 day from Texas to Iowa.

I dont think you sould have any problems ordering from there now.

6. gameyeeeah

Newcomer gameyeeeah Advanced Member

China

Please return the item to our US store for a replacement, we will ship a new one from US for you, VIA USPS : Priority Mail (2 to 3 days, checking number provided). you can check the detail in the email that from our customer service. Thanks!

7. dslitemonkey

Newcomer dslitemonkey Newbie

United States
    Unless I am missing something, the original post didnt say what the problem is with the R4 card. What exactly is wrong with it?

8. zesta
    OP

Newcomer zesta Member

United States
    The problem with the card is that it hangs at "Loading..."

I was able to get it to boot to the menu a few times, but the background images were usually corrupt, and launching games usually made the DS hang. I tried 3 different DS untis, and 3 different microSD cards.

I am quite upset that after asking numerous times to please be able to return the card to the Gameyeeeah US store, and being told that it is not possible, that they now offer me that option *after* I sent the card to the China address at triple the cost.

-Randy

9. patman3d

Newcomer patman3d Newbie

United States
    I purchased mine at realhotstuff.com with regular usps shipping and it got here in about 3 days.

10. dslitemonkey

Newcomer dslitemonkey Newbie

United States

I second realhotstuff.com. They have a 90 day return policy (warranty) on all flash carts. Based in New Jersey, they ship fast!

http://www.realhotstuff.com/shipping.php