Cliffius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Remember those "news" articles about the R4 in Tokyo a month or so ago? Will be headed to Akihabara in a week, anyone here know which stores have it?

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
If you go onto the main street of Akihabara (out of the station turn right if I remember, was last in there this September) on the left hand side of the street about half way down is a Mr Donut and there were a good 3/4 shops near there (some had pictures of it on sandwich boards) most of them I think were in those multi story buildings on the 3rd or 4th floor up. If you can see the shop that looks a bit like Super Potato on the main st with pac man and mappy on the right hand side then you are in the right vicinity and indeed if you go into the side streets on the left hand side of the street around there you will be near Super Potato itself...

Good luck!

In a lot of convenience stores you can even find Japanese guides on how to get roms and use flash carts for a few hundred yen to boot..

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw on the news that the shops were advertising that they had it in stock. Many vendors would yell into the streets "R4 in stock. No questions will be answered regarding it. We all know what it does. WE HAVE 'EM IN STOCK! HURRY HURRY!" So if you understand japanese or even look at hobby shops' poster adds many of them actually have pictures of the R4 itself.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
I'm in Tokyo right now. I've seen the R4 on sale at street-level shops behind the main street. Maybe we can meet when you are here and I'll show you

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Or just order one from gametool or something,... save your akihabara money for a trip to a maid cafe or something.

meow.

those are expensive.. but quite worth it; we visited one the other day, the chick (~16 year old or so, in maid outfit), kneeled down on the floor and spoon-fed me the curry (first spoon only
frown.gif
)

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
those are expensive.. but quite worth it; we visited one the other day, the chick (~16 year old or so, in maid outfit), kneeled down on the floor and spoon-fed me the curry (first spoon only
frown.gif
)

Dunno, went the the @home cafe in the summer... the experience wasn't all that cute.
I suppose it's spank-bank material for the otaku and pasty white gaijin types. haha

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
looks like one of the > 10,000 yen costumes 'they' have in those multi-story shops-o-crap.... nothing against them, they're a good place to find contraceptives that aren't tiny. muhahahahaha

Cliffius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got the card today. Asked many stores if they had it. Received about 100 ないです's. Finally saw a sign for it. Climbed up a narrow staircase and entered a room with this old dude in it. Walls were covered in 'panty-shot' pictures of high school girls. Was selling it as a combo w/ a 2gb kingston card. Very odd.

Cliffius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, can't get it working. Added the latest kernal and put a rom on. I'm greeted with a warning in Japanese. I tried formatting it and extracted the kernal again. Same warning in Japanese. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0