Hacking R4 in China or HK?

mehmehmeh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm studying in shanghai china right now, went to go buy a r4 and micro sd, initial asking price was ~ 60 USD (460 rmb) for a chinese r4 nd 1 gb microsd. lowest price the seller would go to was 370 RMB (~49 USD) at which point I walked. Normally the sellers here will offer you a lower price when you walk but this one let me go (although we had been haggling over the price for a while)

Has the price come up that much? With some waiting, dealextreme and mertline would sell me the R4 (english version) and microsd for about that much shipped to my house in the states. Going in I was expecting about 200 rmb (27 usd ) or less for the R4 and 100 rmb (13 usd )for the microsd. Anyone else in china or bought one while passing through recently?

I have a supercard already, figured i could pick up a r4 cheap while i am here.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nope i havnt bought there.. but, i do think that you should buy it there since your there already
tongue.gif

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
lowest price the seller would go to was 370 RMB (~49 USD) at which point I walked.

That was a steal! I got my R4 with a 1GB Kingston Japan for $68 off of realhotstuff. See if he would sell it at that price. That's a bargain brother.

whatizzit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up a r4 alone from HK 3 weeks ago for 310HKD =$41.33 USD. Sounds like you have a pretty good deal. 49 dollars for r4 and microsd. go for it!
biggrin.gif

mehmehmeh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
considering that dealextreme used to sell the r4 for $29 (then later $32) shipped anywhere in the world, I figured while in china I should be able to get that price. Now they claim the supplies are tightening and the manufacturer is upping the price.

If I bought it now online it would be 42 shipped from dealextreme and a 1 gb microsd can be frequently had for ~10usd. $53 for the english version and memory, possibly better return policy too.

I remember the R4 initially came with quite a high price but it fell quite quickly. Wonder if it will come down any within the next month before i go home to the states.

and again, I have a supercard (extra ghetto CF version) already. The R4 isn't so much a feature upgrade but aesthetics and ergonomics

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?