R4-III EZFlash V 3-in-1

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Wolvenreign, Mar 24, 2009.

Mar 24, 2009

R4-III EZFlash V 3-in-1 by Wolvenreign at 4:27 AM (749 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Wolvenreign
    OP

Member Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

United States
    Eargh. Time to bite the bullet; I need help.

I'm trying to get my new EZFlash 3-in-1 to work with my R4-III.

First, I'll just let you cool your jets about the whole clone thing. Yes, it's a clone. I'm aware of this. I've done essays on it. I help other people who are using clones.

: lets everyone *CLONERAGE* :

Second, don't talk about YSMenu unless you've actually tried to get it to work on R4-III or it's clones. If you're a pro and you've been around for a long time, chances are you don't have a clone card. Chances also say that you're going to reccomend YSMenu simply because it is better than your average clone cart firmware. If you happen to be this type of person, you have never gone through the HELL of trying to get YSMenu to actually WORK on a clone. It isn't pretty. So if you want to talk about YSMenu on a clone, be ready to actually do something about it, please. I'm not being mean just for the sake of being mean; I certainly appreciate the helpful spirit such a comment would come from. Trust me, though; you don't know my struggle.

: lets everyone *YSMENURAGE*:

So here's the problem; GBAExploader, the 3-in-1 tool, and GBADlr all don't think there's a 3-in-1 expansion in my Slot 2. There is. Suggestions?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  3. Wolvenreign
    OP

Member Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

United States
    Thanks, I'll try this and see what happens. I'll edit this post when I'm finished.

Edit: Alright, so I got it to recognize the 3-in-1. Problem is, whenever I go to NOR memory mode and try to run a game (Mother 3 Translated) it goes into GBA mode, but only displays the "Game Boy" text, but not the "Advance" part. Then it freezes. So, I went back to GBAExploader (.58b, since mine is a 3-in-1+) and I wrote the game to the NOR memory. I tried to run it afterward inside GBAExploader, but it only repeated the last problem.

So I shut off the DS, and turn it on again. I almost bricked myself, as it seemed the DS had bricked. There were two blank white screens. I nearly panicked, but I turned it off and tried ejecting the slot 2 card. The DS and my flashcart were functional gain, so that was a relief. I started up GBAExploader again, but there was something different this time; the top screen was filled with nothing more than Japanese gibberish. No longer did it show my "Games" folder, the "GBA_SAVE" folder, or the last one I can't remember the name of. I tried switching to NOR mode and playing the game I wrote to the NOR memory again, but to no avail. The previous problem showed up once more.

Have I bricked my slot 2?