R4 help

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by sixfeetunder, Apr 28, 2007.

Apr 28, 2007

R4 help by sixfeetunder at 2:16 AM (782 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. sixfeetunder
    OP

Newcomer sixfeetunder Newbie

Canada
    I a big time newbi to this R4 is there step by step or pics on how to do lgc-pkmp_trim.nds just bought this but don't understand by root directory ?? so lost [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have brought a r4 adapter and am trying to get it set up. I am having trouble knowing what to transfer from the disc or not, and some of the read me files might as well be in chinese. I have gone straight to the r4 user manual as the other file I couldnt make head nor tail of. From that I have done steps a and b but cant find the diy interface?A) Loading the game kernel: Copy the ¡°_DS_MENU.DAT¡± at the directory of the simplified game kernel/ traditional game kernel to the root directory of TF card.

Loading the media kernel: Copy the ¡°shell¡± folder and the ¡°_DS_MSHL.NDS¡± file at the ¡°moonshell¡± directory to the root directory of TF card.

C) Load the DIY interface: Copy all the folders ¡°_system_¡± to the root directory of the TF card.

I know this is probably really simple, but I dont know where to find it and if I have to do any thing else. Sorry I am very very new to this.
    Many thanks

2. Noobix

Member Noobix GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    lol...yeah it can be a bit confusing I guess. [​IMG]

To quote from the guide...

Usage
    Q) How do I set up the card?
    A) Make sure your MicroSD card is visible in your operating system (via the supplied MicroSD card reader or SD card converter or other methods). Download the most recent firmware / kernel (R4 or M3s). Extract to the root of your MicroSD card (i.e. X:\ , where X is the MicroSD drive letter). Overwrite existing files if need be. Add ROMs to the root folder too. Insert MicroSD card into R4/M3s and boot up the Nintendo DS with the R4/M3s in slot1. The most recent firmware (as of 04/04/07) is 1.08b for R4DS and 1.04B for M3s - but both have the same functionality.

The Definitive R4DS/M3simply FAQ thread, Questions? Answers here.

(Hope that works...I have to get back to burning crusade!) [​IMG]

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Download the firmware files off this site (1.08 is the latest for both English or Chinese R4s) and copy it into the root directory. You should have a bunch of folders and files. Organise the card and put your games where ever you want. The R4 detects them when you browse.

EDIT: OH YEA. Good idea. Refer to the FAQ [​IMG]

4. sixfeetunder
    OP

Newcomer sixfeetunder Newbie

Canada
    Yes and thank u just got so frustrated my son keeps asking me if its done yet???

5. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Has anyone noticed this is topic number 50000? [​IMG] I know, this reply is pretty pointless [​IMG]

6. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    what the hell... you must have been searching through all the forum pages coz the last reply to this was in april when 1.08 was the latest firmware out lol

7. thomasroberts6

Member thomasroberts6 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I didnt use the disc at all. I downloaded it.