Homebrew R4 GONE! What should I get to replace it?

Pr0bedC0w

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My troll of a sister (Shes quite lovely really) took my R4 card and since about 3 months ago I gave up on getting it back and I have no applicable effort in which I am going to use for getting it back instead I will spend my hard earned cash on a new one, I did want an Acekard2i but has the market overtook the likes of Acekard2i's and other cards recently or is the Acekard2i still in its prime? Thoughts? Please?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would personally suggest an R4i Gold, it does everything an R4 does, but works with DSi/3DS and SDHC microSD cards.
I have Acekard 2i, it's a nice card and AKAIO is an outstanding kernel, but the card does tend to have connection problems (at least mine does) I don't know about newer builds though.
Still if you are interested in buying one, I suggest buying one from this site
http://www.nds-card.com is the official sponsor for GBAtemp and buying from them, supports our site!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are willing to spend a bit more, I would suggest the DSTwo as it has lots of nice features including an in game text reader and a highly compatible save state system (much better than the CycloDS). The ability to run DOS games at 386/40 speed is a plus as well. Oh, and did I mention that you can still update it on an already updated DSi/3DS (just in case you don't have a regular DS handy)?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
To be specific, the Acekard2i and R4i Gold are budget carts while the DSTwo is the one with all the fancy features (and higher price, of course).

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I highly recommend Acekard 2i!
It's the best cost-benefit flashcard!
It has an outstanding Kernel (Akaio)
and
It always have firmware updates!

If you want the best, you sure buy a DSTwo,
but AK2i is cheap and very good,
the benefits of DSTwo does not worth the huge price difference!

Pr0bedC0w

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone I might get the R4 Gold thingy, as I have experience with R4 and don't need all these fancy features I just like the odd Rom and homebrew on a long journey with the ability to play music and view my photos. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs