R4 Gold - Wood 1.62 - AR cheats do not display

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by timmahtee, Oct 5, 2013.

1. timmahtee
    OP

timmahtee Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2013
    United States
    Hello I recently just got an R4 Gold card running Wood 1.62. I am fairly new at this but I got the latest verison of usrcheat.dat and placed it in the rpg/cheats/ folder. I turned on "Global ON" for individual pokemon games as well as in the main settings menu.

However when I hit Y to view rom properties of a game and hit X for cheats nothing happens... Any ideas?

2. Pokeman060

Pokeman060 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2013
    Canada
    You could try renaming the usrcheat file to whatever the cheat file's name should be (some kernels have a cheat.dat file already on it when you download it).

For example, when I downloaded my kernel for my R4i Gold from here, there was a file called CHEAT.DAT already under the _SYSTEM_ folder (where it is supposed to go for that kernel) and when I wanted to put a different cheat file on (called usrcheat from DS-Scene_ROM_TOOL), I just deleted the previous CHEAT.DAT file, put the usrcheat.dat file, then renamed the usrcheat.dat file to the EXACT name of the previous file (which in this case was CHEAT.DAT).

If the kernel you downloaded didn't have a cheat file already on it, you could try renamed the usrcheat file to CHEAT.DAT.