r4 gold pro for 3ds not updated, DS is

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by madsinline, Dec 15, 2012.

Dec 15, 2012
  1. madsinline
    OP

Newcomer madsinline Newbie

Canada
    Ok, so I'm new to this but I'm out of options.
    I have the r4 gold pro revolution that has the files for the new update, so 4.5.0-10, but hasn't been used yet.
    My DS is updated to 4.5.10, and was updated before i got the card.
    Is there ANYWAY to fix this? Am I going to have to find a 3ds that isn't updated to update the firmware?
    Please help.

Also, I have the Metriod icon and just goes straight to "Erroe, press and hold power..etc" and I have the base kernel AND update firmware.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You need to run the update on the card (simply putting it on the MicroSD doesn't update it), which means that you will need some sort of DS model that can start the card.

A 3DS that hasn't been updated, a DSi that hasn't been updated, or any original DS or DS Lite.

3. madsinline
    OP

Canada
    So find or borrow or buy a DS that isn't updated to 4.5.0-10, update it on there, and then it will run?

4. Rydian

United States
    Yup. The original DS and Lite don't have any firmware updates, so they're the sure bets.

5. madsinline
    OP

Canada
    Thank you! Gonna buy a used DS Lite and then give it away as a gift when I'm done then. Guh, such a pain. Wish I read up before I bought the card.

6. Rydian

United States
    Well the 3DS is going to try to get you to update in the future (new games will need updates, the shop will demand you update to the latest before you use it, etc.) so a Lite is handy to keep around.

7. madsinline
    OP

Canada
    Well I'm close with the person that will have it, so I can access when I need to, but if I find a cheap enough one I might just keep it myself. Such a pain though, but lets say I keep a set amount of games and never want new ones, I could basically just never update, right?

8. Rydian

United States
    Yeah, as long as you keep the 3DS totally offline (spotpass turned off, no internet connection confirmed, etc.) and don't play any new 3DS games, you can keep it on a low firmware version.